You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMA or not?
I was doin a new client last week. She had moved from another state on the east coast. I was filing down her acrylic and there was the typical acrylic smell but it was sweeter. Almost like a sweet, sick smell. Bout made me gag! Is that MMA or are there scented monomers out there? Just thought it was weird. Yuuuuuck!
Chances are it was MMA.. MMA has an odor when filed after it is cured.. some say it smells like cat pee

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Thank ya for replying. It had a sweet smell, not like cat pee. Guess no one else knows. Oh well, was just curious.......no biggie!
I heard it smelled kind of fruity.... But not in a good way
I agree with Deb, it could be there's an additive in to try and cover the smell.
Fruity smell
Thank ya ladies. Great to have some feedback. Felt it was a funny thing for sure!
Was it really hard to file? Or not so bad?
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
(10-14-2012, 09:12 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: Was it really hard to file? Or not so bad?

Great question, hun! Did a fill on her and it wasn't too bad to file. So that made me wonder if it was MMA or not since it wasn't, but the smell sure was typical monomer odor but sweet which I had seen some on here comment about in the past. Confusing!