You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
??? about Seche UV Topcoat....
Can the UV topcoat be put directly on the natural nail polish? I lost the instruction sheet and tried it that way and it smeared right off...do I need to put nails into the uv light before putting topcoat on? Also,can I just file topcoat off before next mani or use acetone?
Thanks, Chris
I've found that you need to let the polish dry through thoroughly then do the uv topcoat. This is becuase laquer does not dry via UV. I've buffed the top coat then it comes off easily. It wasn't my fave UV top.
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee
(10-11-2012, 02:15 PM)Tashawna Wrote: I've found that you need to let the polish dry through thoroughly then do the uv topcoat. This is becuase laquer does not dry via UV. I've buffed the top coat then it comes off easily. It wasn't my fave UV top.

Thanks....are all uv topcoats the same?
The Seche UV will drag color off a bit unless you wait a few minutes before applying. It removes just like polish...no need to buff.
For the most part UV top coats are made to be applied over some sort of enhancement- acrylic, gels (hard, soft, soak-off), fiberglass etc. Because UV tops coats are "impervious" to acetone - will not soak off in acetone - this does not allow for the polish underneath to "wick off" as its called in the auto body business. The polish never really dries because it has this hard shell over it and it will all smoosh right off. Recently there have been improvements to UV gels as a whole and I have seen a few different UV top coats that say they can be applied over polish.. just how dry the polish has to be I am not 100% sure on though. I do belive the Seche is one that should be OK to apply over polish, but you probabaly have to wait a length of time to be sure enough of the solvents have wicked off before apply the top coat.

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Seche uv topcoat is not a gel. Needs no filing or soaking. Wipes right off with acetone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 2,378
03-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Last Postjimsjadab
Replies: 2
Views: 3,346
07-25-2014, 07:41 PM