You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does nailite gel work with LED
i called Nailite today about an order and found they are out of stock of the 36watt tunnel light for a little while. that explains why I can't find it. Anyway, I asked if any of their gels work with LED light and was told they should, didn't see why not, and I should try it. I thought they had to be specifically for LED to work. Does anyone use the Nailite gels with LED? If so, which ones? and which light? Very curious about this.
Thanks,
Brenda

Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
ask mare horak on facebook. she reps and teaches for them
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Let me know..I have some Nailite gels & thought it was just UV cured. I use LED most days & hate to switch back & forth. my table is just to small for 2 lights
I will let you know what I find out. I sent Mare a message on Facebook, but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully soon.
Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
(02-17-2012, 02:34 PM)nailfun Wrote: I will let you know what I find out. I sent Mare a message on Facebook, but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully soon.

Not sure where you sent the FB message but I didn't get it!

But to answer your question, no, none of our gels are formulated to cure in an LED lamp!
Mare Horak
National Director of Education
Nailite
[email protected]

http://www.nailiteinc.com/
Hi mare,

Do you mind if I contact you on fb? Are you just under "mare Horak"?

Thanks!!
It was explained to me that any gel has to be formulated to work for LED and that there's no "it'll cure under both lamps". I'm hoping someone comes out with it in the near future tho. I use my OPI LED lamp to freeze cure the gel I'm using, getting all layers in place then doing a final 2-3 cure with the UV lamp. I don't want to take the chance the gel isn't cured when they leave.
Donna, gels formulated to cure in a LED lamp will cure properly in a UV lamp, but not the other way around. I do like your unique thought process of freezing with the LED.

The Dual Cure LED / UV Lamp available at manicuresthatlast.com is really perfect for that. The push button controls on the top allow you to switch back & forth without switching lamps or taking up a huge amount of room on your table. The shortest time for the LED lamps is programmable for 5 seconds which would most likely be perfect for freezing a UV gel.

Odyssey also makes a dual lamp "The One LED Lamp" This lamp is a little smaller than the MTL one, the shortest time you can set is 10 seconds and is also a UV & LED lamp built into one unit.

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

I use the gentle soak clear gel with an LED lamp
ONLY CLEAR GENTLE GEL works with the LED.
I tried the pink and it doesn't cure with LED
(10-09-2012, 10:40 PM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: Donna, gels formulated to cure in a LED lamp will cure properly in a UV lamp, but not the other way around. I do like your unique thought process of freezing with the LED.

The Dual Cure LED / UV Lamp available at manicuresthatlast.com is really perfect for that. The push button controls on the top allow you to switch back & forth without switching lamps or taking up a huge amount of room on your table. The shortest time for the LED lamps is programmable for 5 seconds which would most likely be perfect for freezing a UV gel.

Odyssey also makes a dual lamp "The One LED Lamp" This lamp is a little smaller than the MTL one, the shortest time you can set is 10 seconds and is also a UV & LED lamp built into one unit.

Yes, that's what I meant, didn't word it right. Undecided Doing the freeze with the LED saves time and I don't have to move the lamps around as much.

(10-09-2012, 01:21 PM)mommyto3 Wrote: Hi mare,

Do you mind if I contact you on fb? Are you just under "mare Horak"?

Thanks!!

Don't mind at all!
http://www.facebook.com/TheRedneckNailtech
(10-09-2012, 10:52 PM)sillysoup Wrote: I use the gentle soak clear gel with an LED lamp
ONLY CLEAR GENTLE GEL works with the LED.
I tried the pink and it doesn't cure with LED

It may appear to cure properly, but, it is not formulated for use with an LED, it could cause you problems down the road if you use and LED to cure any of our gels.
Mare Horak
National Director of Education
Nailite
[email protected]

http://www.nailiteinc.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 17
Views: 11,587