You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBD issues, i'm considering switching
Hi all!
This is my first time really posting here! My name is mimi im from trinidad and tobago, fairly new to the nail tech biz. I trained with IBD products and decided to just go along with those in my business, however most clients complain about nails coming off or chips within a week.

I thought I wasn't doing proper prep. but I think my prep routine isn't the problem.

are there any suggestions on which brands to switch to?
A good acrylic and hard gel system. Their just gel polish isn't bad I may stick with that for now.

Thanks guys!
I use both Akentz and Light Elegance...with the LE becoming my favorite. Its made by a chemist in the US and they are very helpful when/if having issues. I want to give you some friendly advive tho-- find a line and stick with it. You have to be able to master that line-- kno the ins/outs of it..to know what it can and cant do. Dont jump around from product to product because 9 times out of 10 its the tech doing something wrong as opposed to the actual product.
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
(09-16-2012, 03:03 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: I use both Akentz and Light Elegance...with the LE becoming my favorite. Its made by a chemist in the US and they are very helpful when/if having issues. I want to give you some friendly advive tho-- find a line and stick with it. You have to be able to master that line-- kno the ins/outs of it..to know what it can and cant do. Dont jump around from product to product because 9 times out of 10 its the tech doing something wrong as opposed to the actual product.

thats the plan anointdhndz, thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.
Since my client isn't too large I figured I would switch now, and get something that sticks.

I tried all kinds of different things and still encounter the problem with IBD acrylic and gel. So I figured its best I switch. We're having a nail and beauty show coming up in November, so I'll research and see what I can get locally. if not I will have to import
LE is soo nice to work with! It is Made in Redmond Oregon. USA baby! Smile and you can call any time you have an issue and they will give you a hand.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
after careful consideration, i've decided to go with NSI nails. I browsed a lot of topics in the forum ans Isabel my rep was very nice! Let you know how it goes
Mimi I'm from Trinidad too, I only hear amazing things about young nails! So you can get from same tt salon supplies. I had a tough time with lifting too and decided to just stop doing enhancements. I trained with CND and their aupposrt locally is very poor!

I love love the just gels! Oh check becky's too as they have ez flow, which their acrylic system is supposed to be superb as well!
(09-30-2012, 09:16 AM)katml Wrote: Mimi I'm from Trinidad too, I only hear amazing things about young nails! So you can get from same tt salon supplies. I had a tough time with lifting too and decided to just stop doing enhancements. I trained with CND and their aupposrt locally is very poor!

I love love the just gels! Oh check becky's too as they have ez flow, which their acrylic system is supposed to be superb as well!

Yayyyy another trini! are there anymore on the board?
I already placed my nsi order, but i heard lots of good stuff about young nails as well so it was my second option! I never tried ez flow or even looked in ez flow direction to be honest Blush

Yes! I'm keeping my just gels! they work fine for me! lol! Big Grin
Lol yea Just Gels and Tru Gel are supposed to be the same and I love them they're amazinggg I've been going crazy promoting to clients because of how fantastic it is and the pricing is just so reasonable compared to other systems!
I've heard great things about the OPI gel color as well so I'm thinking about checking that out as well.
Let me know how NSI goes for you.
Enhancements and all the lifting problems just drove me crazy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,296
09-29-2016, 01:30 AM
Last PostJulieM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,298
04-14-2015, 12:22 PM