You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footsie bath
Is it REALLY worth the cost? Seems rather expensive to have to keep buying liners. Is the massage function strong? Is it loud? Does it keep the water warm enough?
Love mine. It is well worth it in my opinion. The massage function is not really that much of a massage but honestly, my clients couldn't care less about that because they are getting a real foot massage from me anyway. It does keep the water warm long enough to do the water portion of the pedi. But I do not keep feet in it longer than 10-15 minutes anyway.
Melodie Hand
Clayton/Raleigh, NC
I have two of them even though I am a solo tech, so apparently I think they're worth it. Smile As said by Melodie, the massage isn't much, but it keeps the water warm and clients love the sanitation aspect. The little nubs on the liner do feel pretty good when you rub your feet on them, though I never get an actual pedicure Sad so I don't get the full effect.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
That's the only thing we use in our salon. Our clients love knowing that they get a new liner every time they come in for a pedicure. Yes, the liners do cost a bit, but you can get them on sale every now and again. I would much rather pay for the liners, than worry about properly sanitizing several spa chairs. If gives our clients peace of mind, which is worth more than the dollar a liner costs, and we include the cost in the price of each pedicure, so it's a win-win for everyone.
Well, I ordered one and 100 liners. That should last me a bit since I am just starting out. Ugh! This is an expensive industry to get back into!
Just FYI, Sally Beauty (sallybeauty.com) sells the liners, and they are almost always on sale for around $70-80. They normally have a coupon code floating around for either free shipping or dollars off, so try Google to find one Smile.
LOVE my footsie. We stock up here when they are on sale at sally's as trina stated and at cosmoprof as well..I got a good deal when cosmo had them for 79 bucks plus a 20% off weekend. Even if i had to spend $100 on 100 liners, its still cheaper than a $100 fine for not having a pedicure log properly filled out for ONE inspection. Clients really appreciate it too. I find they dont mind paying a bit more for their peace of mind re cleanliness.
Don't you still have to have a log even with the footsie?
(09-12-2012, 10:01 PM)jluper7297 Wrote: Don't you still have to have a log even with the footsie?

I was keeping one for a while, but nothing on it applied to me as I don't have whirlpool spa or a basin that requires actual filling that requires sanitation. I do wipe down the chair and outside of the basin with cleaner and use spray sanitizer, but the log does not call for that information.

(a) As used in this section, "Non-Whirlpool Foot Basin" or "Tubs" are defined as any basin, tub, footbath, sink and bowl – and all non-electrical equipment that holds water for a client's feet during a pedicure service.

(b) After use upon each patron, each Non-Whirlpool Basin or Tub shall be cleaned and disinfected in the following sequential manner:

(1) All water shall be drained from the foot basin or tub.
(2) The inside surfaces of the foot basin or tub shall be scrubbed and cleaned of all visible residues with a clean brush and liquid soap (labeled as such on soap product) and water.
(3) The foot basin or tub shall be rinsed with clean water.
(4) Refill the foot basin or tub with clean water and the correct amount (read the label for mixing instructions) of the EPA-registered hospital-liquid disinfectant which the label claims is a bactericide, fungicide, and virucide. Leave the disinfecting solution in the foot basin or tub for at least 10 minutes.
(5) Drain, rinse and wipe the basin dry with a clean paper towel.
(6) Record this procedure in the pedicure-cleaning log. The log shall contain the date and time of each cleaning, initials of the person who completed the procedure, and shall indicate that the cleaning was done after a client.

© The pedicure-cleaning log shall be made available upon request by either a patron or a board representative.
(d) A violation of this section may result in an administrative fine and/or disciplinary action. Each non-whirlpool foot basin or tub not in compliance with this section may result in a separate violation.
I LOVE my Footsie Spa Bath! We switched over about a year ago and I have NEVER looked back. My clients love the whole set up! Dido to the positive comments above!!!
Gina, nail tech. NC
I am planning on getting one when I get back into the work force, I was in love with it when it first came out and now the price is cheap to get the whole set up for 100
Monique_AL
I read somewhere where an inspector STILL insisted the tech had to have a log. The tech argued with the inspector but was told that there's no way of being sure a liner was always used.....kinda like that log is
"always" right, huh?
I thought I read that as well Donna. Better safe than sorry I guess. Is the log something we make on our own or do you download it somewhere?

My footsie came today. I am pretty impressed with everything except the vibration seems a little weak. Is that normal?
Here is the new revised rules concerning the use of liners in a foot tub or spa. According to how I'm reading this, a log still has to be maintaned if for nothing other than saying a liner was used and thrown away as stated in (k) and (l). At least that's how I read it. I use a professional model foot basin, no jets. I would still have to have a log. This is for TX, btw.

(h) As used in this section “disposable spa liner” or “spa liner” is defined as a plastic liner designed to be placed within a whirlpool foot spa and
discarded after a single use and which is equipped with a single “non-adhesive” heat-sealed drain tab which, when pulled, allows water to empty
directly into a whirlpool foot spa drain.
(i) As used in this section “portable whirlpool jet” or “jet” is defined as a magnetic or other circulating device, designed to be placed within a whirlpool
foot spa basin in order to circulate water in spas in which disposable spa liners are used.
(j) Disposable spa liners and portable whirlpool jets may be used in providing spa services to clients. When used, the following sequential procedures
shall be performed.
(1) After use upon a client, the heat sealed tab shall be pulled allowing the water to empty directly into the cosmetology establishment’s plumbing
system.
(2) The spa liner shall be discarded in a covered trash receptacle.
(3) The portable whirlpool jet shall be completely immersed for 5 to 10 minutes in an EPA-registered disinfectant with demonstrated bactericidal,
fungicidal, and virucidal activity which must be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
(4) The jet shall be rinsed with warm water and drained.
(5) All surfaces of the spa basin and foot rest shall be wiped with EPA–registered disinfectant wipes.
(k) For disposable spa liners and whirlpool jets, a record shall be made on a department-approved form indicating the time and date when the spa liner
was used and discarded and when the jet was used and disinfected and shall indicate if the jet was not used during a work day.
(l) Cleaning and disinfecting records for foot spas, foot basins, spa liners and jets shall be made available upon request by either a client or a department
representative and shall be retained for inspection for at least 60 days.
(m) A foot spa, foot basin or jet for which documentation is not maintained in accordance with this section must be removed from service and not used
again until it has been cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the requirements of this section and the records have been properly updated.
When a foot spa, foot basin or jet is removed from service for any reason, the record must indicate the date of removal from service.
(n) Foot spa and foot basin chairs shall be cleaned and disinfected after service is provided to each client. The chair shall be made of or covered in a
non-porous material that can be disinfected.

(09-13-2012, 09:07 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: I read somewhere where an inspector STILL insisted the tech had to have a log. The tech argued with the inspector but was told that there's no way of being sure a liner was always used.....kinda like that log is
"always" right, huh?

LOL the footsie tub has a hole in it so if you dont use a liner, water leaks all everywhere. Found this out when one of my liners sprung a leak Sad and lol @ the log is always right. If someone was gonna skimp on a liner, they would TOTALLY fudge a log.
(09-14-2012, 05:52 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: Here is the new revised rules concerning the use of liners in a foot tub or spa. According to how I'm reading this, a log still has to be maintaned if for nothing other than saying a liner was used and thrown away as stated in (k) and (l). At least that's how I read it. I use a professional model foot basin, no jets. I would still have to have a log. This is for TX, btw.

(h) As used in this section “disposable spa liner” or “spa liner” is defined as a plastic liner designed to be placed within a whirlpool foot spa and
discarded after a single use and which is equipped with a single “non-adhesive” heat-sealed drain tab which, when pulled, allows water to empty
directly into a whirlpool foot spa drain.

It seems to me as if they are speaking of a plumbed in draining unit....better to be safe than sorry though! Don't mess with Texas (State Board)!

Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
Hi all!
We carry the Belava liners which are 100 at $80 and if you call in or use your BT10 coupon on http://www.goblondies.com, you will get an additional 10% discount. So, the price would be $72.....
We also have the Belava deluxe Pedi Bath on sale for $199 that does include heat and massage and works VERY well. It also includes 10 liners.
Happy filing,
Paula @ Blondies
We don't sell products, we educate them!
Paula aka Blondies
Do the Belava liners work in the footsie bath? I have been using my footsie bath for a couple years and love it but have been finding the belava liners to be less expensive so just thought I'd ask here if anyone has tried them in their footsie bath before I go and order them.
Thanks
Melodie Hand
Clayton/Raleigh, NC
No, the Belava liners won't work, they're a different shape entirely.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Just got my new Belava Pedi set up from GoBlondies. A fantastic price for this tub, believe me, I looked all over to see if I could get it cheaper anywhere else. NOPE!! Fast shipping, too!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,154
05-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Last PostLucyAccardi
Replies: 9
Views: 6,025
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM