You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-files
Is the Mani-pro a decent e-file? How heavy is the hand piece?
The Mani Pro is a low end machine with a minimal amount of vibration. Great starter drill and for the money the best option. KUPA just redesigned their web site and has not put the machine comparrison sheet up yet which has all the particulars on each machine. The Mani Pro handpiece is the lightest one they have and is made from plastic & stainless steel weighing 3 oz.
-- Vicki
Thank you. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. A starter file that is cost effective that I can have as a back up.
I know that you were asking about the KUPA and I totally respect that, but I own this one and it is AWESOME. I once owned the mani-pro and for the money involved you get SO much more with this one. You might want to consider it. Smile JMHO.

http://www.premiernailsource.com/index.p...ts_id=8256
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
Actually I have been considering that one as well! How long have you had it? How heavy is the hand piece? Does it vibrate a lot?
I've had it for a couple of months now. I can't give you the exact specs on the weight of the hand piece but it's pretty light. I've not noticed any vibration it runs nice and smooth. It even has a foot pedal that changes speed well (though I'm not much of a pedal pusher myself). I especially like the "pokey hole" integrated hand piece. Lastly I like how compact it is. It's a tiny little thing, and I need the space! I appreciate that I could get a quality e-file at a reasonable price from a company that I trust. Geeez I sound like an advertisement! Lol
I second the PNI models. I didnt have that exact one...but another model. I wld defintely chose that over the mani pro. I had one before and didnt like it at all...returned it the following week. Its a low end Kupa and it runs/acts like it. Now for the newbie techie...she wont know the difference-- so thats a positive. But it vibrates and just isnt the efile that the Upower is (which I use).... So ya...i wld invest in the PNI for first time purchase.
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I'm not exactly a newbie, just new to this style of e-file. Back when I worked in the shop everyone still used the dremel style. When I decided to get back into the industry, that's what I ordered. Now I'm looking for a 2nd drill so I have a back up.
(09-10-2012, 12:31 AM)anointdhndz Wrote: Its a low end Kupa and it runs/acts like it. Now for the newbie techie...she wont know the difference-- so thats a positive. But it vibrates and just isnt the efile that the Upower is (which I use).... So ya...i wld invest in the PNI for first time purchase.

That is so true. I started with a Mani Pro and it was all I knew and I loved that cute lil purple thing, but once I held a higher end efile and felt how smooth it ran I couldn't go back! I have a secondary LOW END efile that I got from Burmax (I keep my PNI at work) and I always end up hand filing rather than fooling with that rattly shakey thing.
Since ya asked about a specific e-file, I will share my experience with the Mani Pro. It doesn't have the power to do what ya need to with nail enhancements, vibrates quite a bit and slows down when you put any pressure on it. Not worth the money! Even if you are just starting out get a better e-file that will be able to do everything you need it to do it to do in the future. For not much more ya are going to get more and won't have to waste your money.
Thanks for all of your responses. I ordered the PNI25AT
(09-12-2012, 12:06 AM)jluper7297 Wrote: Thanks for all of your responses. I ordered the PNI25AT

Don't forget to tell us how you like it when it comes!
I will for sure!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 2,698
01-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Last PostTn Nail Lady
Replies: 5