You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The use of cell phones during a nail appointment
Just curious regarding the use of cell phones during an appointment. Do you use a cell
Phone? Allow clients to use cell phones? Nail appointments, pedicure appointments?
Cell phone use has so many different variables that I don't think there's one right or wrong answer.

My cell phone is my business phone, so it stays on and clients can hear it ring (or text), but I don't keep it in the service area and I don't use it during services. When I was booth renting and there was a main salon line, my cell phone stayed in a drawer on silent mode and I just checked it throughout the day.

For clients, (again, I work alone) - their cell use won't disturb anyone else. I don't let clients use their phone during the portions of their service where it will effect the end result (getting oils/hair on sticky nails or getting sticky gel or dust on their face or hair). While I do encourage people to unplug and enjoy their service, I'm not the relaxation police. However, I can see where it would make sense in certain environments to discourage or deny cell phone use. I certainly didn't complain about the NO cell phone use rule at my last spa day. But then, I know how to relax, and I didn't even bring my phone. Smile
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I use mine to take business calls and make appts. on. I use a Blue Tooth device and love it! Just takes a touch to connect and I don't have to stop what I'm doing unless the client wants to make an appt. I usually don't have a problem with clients using their phone during a service, as long as I'm getting paid and they're not running me behind by using it. If it causes a problem, I will tell them either, "you need to sit still for this part" or "let it ring". Some people don't realize they move their whole body when their mouth is moving....smh.
I wear hearing aids, so no blue tooth - that would be awesome though! Maybe next year... Blue tooth capable hearing aids are around $5,500!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I used to THE one that was always on top of the techie and gadget stuff. The older I get the less so. Oh I canNOT believe it to be true, but is.

Anyway, I tried blue tooth ear bud and I could not get coordinated with it. I have an iPhone and iPad and so far so good, but something about the ear bud throws me off.

Anna
@CandiceAE

"I'm not the relaxation police" Love this!
(09-03-2012, 06:40 PM)Nail Raising Wrote: I used to THE one that was always on top of the techie and gadget stuff. The older I get the less so. Oh I canNOT believe it to be true, but is.

Anyway, I tried blue tooth ear bud and I could not get coordinated with it. I have an iPhone and iPad and so far so good, but something about the ear bud throws me off.

I can't handle something actually in my ear. Mine hangs over my ear, and I can hear great with it. It's a Motorola 720, on ebay for about $30.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,898
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Last PostSweets26
Replies: 2
Views: 2,242
02-04-2014, 11:05 PM