You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any info on Harmony's VitaGel?
Does anyone know anything about Harmony's new VitaGel and when it will be available? Kelly*
I want to know also Kelly, so I'm bumping this up... Smile
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
(09-01-2012, 07:57 PM)Gr8Nailz Wrote: I want to know also Kelly, so I'm bumping this up... Smile

Anna
(09-01-2012, 12:55 AM)stuka123 Wrote: Does anyone know anything about Harmony's new VitaGel and when it will be available? Kelly*

It should be available October 1st in Cosmoprof.
Nails By Dee
Northeast Regional Manager of Education
Hand and Nail Harmony

Use NAILTECH2 coupon code at http://www.nailtechsupply.com for $20 off a $100 order

Beautiful hands and feet are not a luxury they are a neccessity
Darn we have to wait a whole month. Can you give us some info on the product? What type of nails this will be used on, can you use both products together, how long can they be used for? I heard one of them is only to be used short term, I don't remember where I heard that though, could've been a dream, haha. Is this similar to Structure? THANKS, Kelly*
oct 1 Sad boooo so it probably wont be avail for purchase at the sacramento show
Sorry but, Pfft!
Do we really believe and are going to ask our clients to believe that *vitamins* can be absorbed into nails topically? Or am I missing the point of the product?
Anna
Here is the question I posed to Doug schoon about this product:
Hello Smile
I was wondering if I could hear your thoughts on a new product by harmony, called Gelish vita gel.
Please correct me if i am wrong, but the nail plate does not absorb vitamins (and this is what I'm understanding this product to do) and that vitamins only help nail growth if you are deficient.

I appreciate your time to look into this
Uh.........not sure where the rest of my post went, but here is his answer:

I agree, adding vitamens to a nail coating can't possilby help your nails grow.
(thank you Doug!!)

Vita gel = POS. :S
Uh.........not sure where the rest of my post went, but here is his answer:

I agree, adding vitamens to a nail coating can't possilby help your nails grow.
(thank you Doug!!)

Vita gel = POS. :S
Here is the question I posed to Doug schoon about this product:
Hello Smile
I was wondering if I could hear your thoughts on a new product by harmony, called Gelish vita gel.
Please correct me if i am wrong, but the nail plate does not absorb vitamins (and this is what I'm understanding this product to do) and that vitamins only help nail growth if you are deficient.

I appreciate your time to look into this
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
Just another ploy to make money off the OTC trade.....IMO. It'll be next to the other nail hardeners/strengthners at your local Sally's, I'm sure.
Ok........apparently my iPad had issues Big Grin sorry for the weird double post
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
I am interested because it sounds as if you can use I with regular nail polish and it extends the wear.
(09-03-2012, 10:55 AM)NailsByDee Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 12:55 AM)stuka123 Wrote: Does anyone know anything about Harmony's new VitaGel and when it will be available? Kelly*

It should be available October 1st in Cosmoprof.

I got it.
I don't know, by the looks of it, it's supposed to be a soak off gel, that you can use as a colored gel base (Gelish of course) or under regular nail polish. It's supposed to "infuse" vitamins and such into the nail, witch is the "Vita" portion of the name.

I suppose it could work, we'll have to see. I'm sceptical about how nourishing it can actually be to your nails. their promo implies that it's better than just plain old soak off gel.
I really do not believe that it can do any "Nourishing" by applying it to the surface of the nails, especially once it is cured. I sure would LOVE to see a Doug Schoon's Brain Episode on this one! Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
Darcy, (and all), Doug Schoon actually does address this on his site, just not specifically this brand. On his site he says that any vitamins or nutrients in the product would likely be encapsulated in the product itself. I just spent a little time on his website so I could post a link, but I can't find it and I'm off to get my hair done! Happy weekend everyone!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
(10-27-2012, 12:10 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: Darcy, (and all), Doug Schoon actually does address this on his site, just not specifically this brand. On his site he says that any vitamins or nutrients in the product would likely be encapsulated in the product itself. I just spent a little time on his website so I could post a link, but I can't find it and I'm off to get my hair done! Happy weekend everyone!

yes, well if we believe what CND says that Solar Oil can penetrate through Shellac and make it on to your nail beds, then I guess H&N H could put something that would leach out of Vita Gel that would also reach your nail beds.
I believe there's a difference in Solar Oil in that it's just supposed to make the nails more flexible. Vitagel is making a claim that the vitamins are being absorbed thru the nails, something I don't think can be done.

I think eventually the oil would penetrate the Shellac from top to bottom but why not put it underneath to begin with where it can get to the part that needs it the most, the f/e? That's how I do it. IMO, only the skin around the nails really need oil, and under the f/e to prevent curling. The nail bed is close enough to the matrix to receive benefits from natural skin oil.
The literature I read lead me to believe that each Vitagel product would be slightly thicker to help out those people with weaker nail beds. Was I wrong to have inferred this?
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
I believe it's their claim of the vitamins being absorbed into the nail that has a few of us shaking our heads. It probably is thicker, I believe I read that in one of the nail Mags.
Why call a product Vitagel if you don't want to mislead. Same category as the company whose name is Bio Seaweed Gel....
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,647
10-15-2015, 08:57 PM
Last Postjimsjadab
Replies: 0