You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Konad nail stamping
So I bought the Monster bundle plates.... and the konad stamper and konad polishes in black white and silver. For the life of me, I cannot even get the image to transfer to th stamper.. never mind to th nail! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong???
A couple quick suggestions...

Make sure the stamper and plate are clean and dry before starting.

Everything has to go very quick. Apply polish, swipe quickly and press stamp quickly and firmly...then apply to the nails.
I use Konad. Not the monster bundle - but rather a few of the konad design plates. I like the ease of use for a nail design on a client. I also agree that the black and white konad colors show up best. I especially like to use konad stamping with cnd shellac polish.
Love, Love, Love Nails !!! Stay Licensed and grow !!!
(01-27-2012, 06:18 PM)hlaurette Wrote: So I bought the Monster bundle plates.... and the konad stamper and konad polishes in black white and silver. For the life of me, I cannot even get the image to transfer to th stamper.. never mind to th nail! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong???

You have to work pretty quick. I also switched from using the Konad scraper to a spent gift card (hard plastic one) seems to work better and not scratch the plates. I have also read that if you lightly rought up the stamper pad it works better but I have't tried that yet. You can check youtube they have several videos that show how to use them.
Yes, gently rough up the stamper first and make sure it's clean. Also, if the nail's too shiny it won't stick to it very well either.
Keep practicing, it gets better!
Is there a film you need to peel off the plates before you start using them?
Yes the bundled monster has a blue film on them that has to be peeled off.
I'll keep trying. The blue film was peeled off and I worked very quickly. Will have to try to rough up the stamper and try try again. thanks~!
Here is a you tube feed that should help. If not, just give a shout out with the problems you are having. I have used it for about 6-8 months are really love the look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO3pnEG_b...re=related
How long has your kit lasted for? I'm looking at getting on from http://www.konad.co.uk, but I'm unsure how long it will last for, and to be honest, which one to go for. Which one do you think I should go for? (I'm based in the UK by the way). Blush
I like stamping. I found that acrylic paint works best for me
(08-06-2012, 06:38 PM)queennails Wrote: I like stamping. I found that acrylic paint works best for me

How long does acrylic paint last for?
(01-08-2012, 11:43 AM)ColleenNY Wrote: Polish has to be dry to the touch, the drier the better but we dont have all day sometimes. I use a light touch when applying to polished nails and a quick rolling motion.

With SOG it can sometimes be tricky. I have had luck stamping after the 2nd coat of GP has cured, before I put on the top coat. But you have to wipe the nail first....cuz it doesn't stick to the tackiness of the GP and at times this can be a problem cuz I've had the color come off more than I would like when I wipe the nails...
Soooo...now I do the top coat first (very thin layer), cure, wipe, stamp, another thin layer of top coat, cure.

hi the best info ever not even the konard stand at the nail show to tell me that xx
I never thought to use paint..hmmmm ..i am now..i have the bundle monster plates with the konad polish,stamper and scraper. They are a FRacTion of the price of the konad plates and work wonderfully!!! But ya...im totally trying the acrylic paint this week. That will be awesome if it works...ohhh. and...fyi...ive inly had really good results when using shellac with the stamper. Opi and gelish dont normally work. It actually takes off the top tacky layer with the stamp...its frustrating...
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
(08-07-2012, 06:09 AM)Sapphire Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 06:38 PM)queennails Wrote: I like stamping. I found that acrylic paint works best for me

How long does acrylic paint last for?

It lasts for the duration of the polish. I tried the jonas special paint and it was so frustrating I just couldn't get it to work for me.

That's, I was going to try the Jonas special paint, but I didn't get around to it.

What's the longest lasting polish you know of?
Someone else said she uses reg.acrylic paint??? I tried this today w a hot pink and i didnt like the results at all...so i dunno. Cosmoprof has their one brand of stripers on sale and actually those colors work as good as konad blk/white. Ive tried a cpl of diff.polishes but i didnt like them either...sooooo...try the striper paint. The one silver is awesome Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post