You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want a gel that doesn't burn!!
I am looking to switch gel but want one that doesn't burn. Anyone out there using one that isn't gonna hurt my clients....

Rose[/u]
Ha!! Good luck finding one......let us know if u do....no, im being smart. There arent any that dont heat up that i know of. Thats just the chemical make up of them and how they harden/ cure.
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
What gel is it that you're using? ALL gels will burn if applied too thickly. If you're using a gel with high levels photo iniators (sp?) in it, you have to be sure to pre light the client before allowing them to go all the way in the lamp.
Agreed, it will burn if it's too thick, use much thinner coats for clients that are sensitive to the heat spike and/or flash cure first.
I am using Masterworks by Amy Becker, and have only slight heat spike only if I lay it on thick. I would say probably 95% of my clients dont feel a thing. Plus I am LOVING IT!!!
Sounds like I need some Masterworks gel!
I second the masterworks! Another great one is the cool from kudos. Sadly, only seems to be available in Europe Sad
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
Denise - thanks for the recommendation ;-).
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
Young Nails doesn't have heat spike, my clients just put their hands straight into the lights with no waiting in front first. The only time they feel anything is if I am using the sculpting gel and put too much on at one time, or if their nails are very thin from previous damage - usually when someone comes in with damaged nails I will only do GP or acrylic until the healthier nail grows out.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I just ordered the Masterworks, I have heard it's awesome. I currently use TEN and it has a wicked spike! Can't wait to try Amy Beckers! Smile
You're welcome, bob Smile sure wish I could get my hands on more!!!!!
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
(07-24-2012, 10:05 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: Young Nails doesn't have heat spike, my clients just put their hands straight into the lights with no waiting in front first. The only time they feel anything is if I am using the sculpting gel and put too much on at one time, or if their nails are very thin from previous damage - usually when someone comes in with damaged nails I will only do GP or acrylic until the healthier nail grows out.

I have had horrible heat spikes from young nails before, although its usually when its thicker, great gel though

(07-24-2012, 10:43 PM)begli5 Wrote: I just ordered the Masterworks, I have heard it's awesome. I currently use TEN and it has a wicked spike! Can't wait to try Amy Beckers! Smile

I love her gel, very very little spike, and love the consistency, and the shine is the bomb
(07-24-2012, 11:41 PM)onyxkeeper Wrote: You're welcome, bob Smile sure wish I could get my hands on more!!!!!

I will send you samples of our new gel line called Ikon.iQ in September. It's simply outstanding! We've been developing this with our chemist and it's totally unique and exclusive. None of the Ikon.iQ gels have any heat spike at all, there is no visible shrinkage when curing, they stay where they are put with a little self leveling for easy sculpting (like our Kudos gels), the Cover Pink is natural and you can achieve deep c-curves to 50% without pinching! The Ikon.iQ Competition White is the brightest White we have seen. We've used the Ikon.iQ gels secretly in competitions and won several national and inter nation gel sculpting comps.

We plan to launch these in the US later this year. Ikon.iQ is more than a family of gels, it's a new philosophy. I will explain more when we launch ;-).
Couldn't find the edit button to add this image to the last post. But here's the new logo's.

[Image: ikoniq_logos.jpg]
Well after using kudos I CAN'T WAIT to try this new line!!!!
Will we be able to purchase in the states? Please don't make me move to Sweden Big Grin lol!!

Denise
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
(07-26-2012, 10:35 AM)onyxkeeper Wrote: Well after using kudos I CAN'T WAIT to try this new line!!!!
Will we be able to purchase in the states? Please don't make me move to Sweden Big Grin lol!!

Denise

Yes. Big Grin
Another vote for masterworks. The only one that can spike a bit is masterbuild if u put it on too thick, other than that, no heat spike at all. My clients love it, and i think its been instrumental in retaining gel clients that have gotten services else where. They go to put their hand in the light and are all cautious, eyes closed and then they are in and like "oh, its not hot" fab!!!
(07-26-2012, 09:58 AM)Bob Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 11:41 PM)onyxkeeper Wrote: You're welcome, bob Smile sure wish I could get my hands on more!!!!!

I will send you samples of our new gel line called Ikon.iQ in September. It's simply outstanding! We've been developing this with our chemist and it's totally unique and exclusive. None of the Ikon.iQ gels have any heat spike at all, there is no visible shrinkage when curing, they stay where they are put with a little self leveling for easy sculpting (like our Kudos gels), the Cover Pink is natural and you can achieve deep c-curves to 50% without pinching! The Ikon.iQ Competition White is the brightest White we have seen. We've used the Ikon.iQ gels secretly in competitions and won several national and inter nation gel sculpting comps.

We plan to launch these in the US later this year. Ikon.iQ is more than a family of gels, it's a new philosophy. I will explain more when we launch ;-).
Couldn't find the edit button to add this image to the last post. But here's the new logo's.

[Image: ikoniq_logos.jpg]

Can't wait to hear more about your new gel, Bob. Do you have an approximate date when it's going to be available here in the States?
Hey Donna, we're planning to make the official launch at ISS Long Beach in January. Between now and then we will reach out to some people we know, and offer samples that will be shipped in September.

We will accept requests from techs who may be interested to become an educator/distributor with us - they should send me an email with their education to date, examples of their work (or link to website) and full contact details. We prefer techs who have not worked as educators for other companies, but may make exceptions. All info received will be treated with full confidentiality.

What we are looking to do is build a team in the US that are passionate about nails, highly professional, and value the incredible education we can give them. One of our company philosophies is that we work as a team and no one person stands above the other, all have an equal voice (including Iryna).

To see examples of our European Educators work, take look at the photo's on our Russian website (it contains the most up to date information): http://irynagiblett.com.ua/educator/gallery/

Within these photo's you will find work from a team that since 2009, won 15 gold, 14 silver and 15 bronze places at national and international competitions (inc. Nailympics USA, Nailympics London, IBS Las Vegas, competitions in Russia). Which kind of underlines the passion we have ;-). So what we look for from potential Educators is a potential and motivation to be exceptional with good education. Because this is a huge investment from us and we are not interested to be the biggest or sell the most product, we are very selective.

The email to use is [email protected] and mark the subject line "Ikon.iQ" please so I can filter any spam. Thanks!
(07-27-2012, 04:40 AM)Bob Wrote: Hey Donna, we're planning to make the official launch at ISS Long Beach in January. Between now and then we will reach out to some people we know, and offer samples that will be shipped in September.

We will accept requests from techs who may be interested to become an educator/distributor with us - they should send me an email with their education to date, examples of their work (or link to website) and full contact details. We prefer techs who have not worked as educators for other companies, but may make exceptions. All info received will be treated with full confidentiality.

What we are looking to do is build a team in the US that are passionate about nails, highly professional, and value the incredible education we can give them. One of our company philosophies is that we work as a team and no one person stands above the other, all have an equal voice (including Iryna).

To see examples of our European Educators work, take look at the photo's on our Russian website (it contains the most up to date information): http://irynagiblett.com.ua/educator/gallery/

Within these photo's you will find work from a team that since 2009, won 15 gold, 14 silver and 15 bronze places at national and international competitions (inc. Nailympics USA, Nailympics London, IBS Las Vegas, competitions in Russia). Which kind of underlines the passion we have ;-). So what we look for from potential Educators is a potential and motivation to be exceptional with good education. Because this is a huge investment from us and we are not interested to be the biggest or sell the most product, we are very selective.

The email to use is [email protected] and mark the subject line "Ikon.iQ" please so I can filter any spam. Thanks!

What an awesome opportunity!! I'd love to get on the list for a sample. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about this line.
youngnails doesn't burn at all!!
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
This is cute because I have had a few clients do the "Flash cure" and I'm asking what the Freak are they doin'!!! LOL! They tell me either there old tech had them do that because it gets hot or they do because it has a heat spike! And I have been sitting in a salon at my own station (no longer at) and have heard the OTHER Techs tell there clients "It burns, that's just the way it is" !!! I was like I have never heard of this? ....and then I tried to get it to Spike !! Exactly too thick or on the skin/surrounding cuticle. ;-)
Hey Bob that new gel sounds pretty fun Smile Will be interested in checking it out too.
Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
(07-20-2012, 10:41 AM)Rose Wrote: I am looking to switch gel but want one that doesn't burn. Anyone out there using one that isn't gonna hurt my clients....

Rose[/u]

Yup, if you want gel, expect to pay the price... and that price is paaaain! Big Grin