You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please
I own a shop with my sister . She does hair and I do nail. We both paid rent into the shop business so that we don't have to take money out of our personal account for the business . We rent to one girl that does hair we love her . She helps me with the nails . I paid for all my nails supplys not the shop . At first she (the other girl) was just helping a little so I was just taking a little out to pay for my products but now we are very busy and trying to decide how work this out . She paids 100.00 a week for her spot to do hair but how do I do this with the nails .Like I said I pay for all my products .the clients are all mine , pedicure chair I have a throng chair a large table and also and small table too ex uv and led lights, I want to be fair to her but I also don't want to lost any money on my products and would like to make money that's what we all work for .ANY help please
If she's renting from you it sounds like she'd be classified as a booth renter if your state allows it. She should be paying for her own supplies, not the salon. If she's an employee, that is, she's working set times and the money she makes goes in the salon income, then the salon should be paying for her supplies.

You and your sister need to decided what is best for the salon and for the girl. If she's good and has a good work ethic, I'm sure something can be worked out.
She is good and has very good work ethic .she is booth renter for hair and pays for all her hair supplies . It nails ,if I am doing a set of nails she will use the pedicure chair or do a set of gel toes . We don't have room for 2 chairs or a another larger table or to keep her supplies she would need for nails .and I do pay rent for the room I use .i try to work around so she can make a little more money she hasn't been doing hair to long but she is good . Do you think the rent for the hair should cover the nails too?If she buys her own supplies? I just wants to do the right thing.
Oh sorry the salon doesn't paid for any the supplies in the nail room,I do that I am a booth renter too. It may sound crazy but it helps on my personal taxes ,plus putting rent in the salon will help with improvement
(07-07-2012, 04:41 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: If she's renting from you it sounds like she'd be classified as a booth renter if your state allows it. She should be paying for her own supplies, not the salon. If she's an employee, that is, she's working set times and the money she makes goes in the salon income, then the salon should be paying for her supplies.

You and your sister need to decided what is best for the salon and for the girl. If she's good and has a good work ethic, I'm sure something can be worked out.

so what you're saying is YOU'RE paying for the nails supplies, she's using some of them and she's keeping ALL the money from the service. She pays rent and that's it. That makes her a booth renter and she should be paying for ALL her supplies. You could charge her a small fee for using your stuff, say 10% of the cost of the service is or what ever you think she can handle.
Thank you