You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-file Question...
I currently use an e-file that has a foot control. Lately I am starting to think this slows me down because I can never seem to maintain the correct speed ,especially when working carefully near the cuticle area ,its like I am constantly having to adjust and re adjust to maintain the proper rpms. My question is ,have any of you switched over from the foot controlled e -file to a a manual speed controled unit ,and how did you like it. I keep eye balling the YN E-file ,and cant help thinking my time would improve if I just had something that maintained proper speed by itself...thanks for any advice ....Smile
(06-20-2012, 10:13 AM)lexibunny Wrote: I currently use an e-file that has a foot control. Lately I am starting to think this slows me down because I can never seem to maintain the correct speed ,especially when working carefully near the cuticle area ,its like I am constantly having to adjust and re adjust to maintain the proper rpms. My question is ,have any of you switched over from the foot controlled e -file to a a manual speed controled unit ,and how did you like it. I keep eye balling the YN E-file ,and cant help thinking my time would improve if I just had something that maintained proper speed by itself...thanks for any advice ....Smile

I feel very comfortable in saying that the majority of nail techs DO NOT use a foot pedal with their efile.
Anna
I use a foot pedal. I couldn't imagine not using it.
Awwww hun, how courageous of you to admit not being able to work with a pedal. I kinda related it to using a pedal on a sewing machine. Hard for me to maintain the speed. So, I have never used one. I feel more comfortable in keeping my speed constant and reaching over to adjust it, for whatever part of the filing I am doing. It isn't a big issue and doesn't slow me down.

Do what is comfortable for you!
Thanks ,Luvglitter ...Smile the funny thing is, I have used a foot pedal for over 12 years , I am pretty efficient with it ,but lately it occurred to me that all the tinkering to maintain the speed might be slowing me down...lol ,maybe it is me ,not the darn pedal...Smile
I used a foot pedal many years ago, really had no problem with it. I felt like I'd taken a step up, tho, when I finally got a 'real' electric file instead of the dremmel. I don't miss not using the foot pedal.........

I just reread this and wanted to make sure you understood I wasn't implying you were using a dremmel. I know other legit files come with pedals. My experience with a pedal goes that far back........
(Quick product review)

I just bought this efile from Premier ($125).

http://www.premiernailsource.com/index.p...ts_id=8256

I'm loving it in terms of performance (quick bit change, low vibration, noise level, etc...) as much as I've liked using the Ericka ($399) efile that we have at work. Bonus...it has an INTEGRATED HANDPIECE CRADLE!! Sweet 8)

Back to the actual thread topic though, It also has the pedal and as much as I just KNEW this would revolutionize my life forever....it didn't. So, as of right now I'm not a pedal pusher either.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
I use a foot pedal but mine only controls the power, not the speed. I use the atwood supra and just change the speed manually, although I rarely have to..Not to thread hijack, but what speed do some of you set your efile to?
I use a dremel. After a 9 year hiatus I am just getting back into doing nails. I am having to replace everything (and learn a lot of new things too!). When I went to purchase my new efile, I thought long and hard about the newer style efiles. I decided to go with the dremel style because it's what I used to use and it's tried and true. I figure I knew I liked it and new how to work with it so I would go with that. My next purchase will probably be one of the newer style.
(06-22-2012, 01:29 PM)foxydiva Wrote: I use a foot pedal but mine only controls the power, not the speed. I use the atwood supra and just change the speed manually, although I rarely have to..Not to thread hijack, but what speed do some of you set your efile to?

The speed of my e-file is contolled only by the pedal ,it has no manual speed option...
I began my nail career using a foot pedal and thought i would never give it up. When i ordered my new drill it only came with an on/off pedal, not a variable speed. I decided to go without the pedal all together and within a few uses i was comfortable using it. I actually prefer it now, much more control especially around the cuticle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 3,299
02-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 6
Views: 4,253
07-18-2012, 09:32 PM