You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
job offer?
I just was offered a position at a very small nail salon,just 1-2 days a week,booth space.Im going to check it out next week. I really do need the extra.Im thinking it would be good,because currently I work at a high end salon &spa wed-fri part time,so I was going to do either a long day on Mon or do two half days on Mon & Tues at this new place. I have alot of friends and people I know that cant afford my prices at the highend salon,I think it would be feasible if I did do the other one to compensate the other. If I did do this should I tell my former boss? Do I need to get a duplicate license? How do I go about working at two different salons. With the new salon its not going to be a whole lot clients only a few that I will do,but someone told me that I am good and you may end up do really good and could do better and be your own boss at the new salon. Im thinking it may be a start to something,I always wanted to be on my own,because where I'm at now its very uniform,and everyone has to do the same thing, and I can price the way I want ,dress the way I want,theres just alot of options for me here. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome,Thanks!Undecided
Sounds like you've already made up that you want to do it!
(06-04-2012, 11:56 PM)jluper7297 Wrote: Sounds like you've already made up that you want to do it!

Yeh, I'm pitiful arent I?
Not at all! It's good to be excited!
did you sign anything with your high end salon stating that you wouldn't do business within "x" amount distance from their salon?

It could be a legal non compete issue.

If not, then you have no worries and don't need to tell them anything.
(06-05-2012, 06:34 PM)kkgunn Wrote: did you sign anything with your high end salon stating that you wouldn't do business within "x" amount distance from their salon?

It could be a legal non compete issue.

If not, then you have no worries and don't need to tell them anything.

No, I believe there is nothing mentioned about that at all!
I am about to do exactly what you're thinking of doing! I work at a pretty pricey day spa 4 days a week and am going to rent a space somewhere else 2 days a week. I am really excited about it for the same reasons you are. Extra money, charge what I want, dress how I want, etc.... I really wish you luck if you decide to do it! Here's to making some $$$$$ Smile
(06-07-2012, 06:01 AM)roknmama Wrote: I am about to do exactly what you're thinking of doing! I work at a pretty pricey day spa 4 days a week and am going to rent a space somewhere else 2 days a week. I am really excited about it for the same reasons you are. Extra money, charge what I want, dress how I want, etc.... I really wish you luck if you decide to do it! Here's to making some $$$$$ Smile

Thanks keep me updated on your success!
Well I did my first appt at the new place today. I charged my client a special price of $25 for a pedi and she gave me a check for $100 to cover another month of rent for me in the future Big Grin That was soooo nice and made me feel confident that I made the right choice Smile
That's fantastic! I'm glad you made the choice you did. I worked in 2 salons for a long time, one high end spa for consistent money and the other for building my clientele. I'm now full time booth rent and making SOOOO much more money than I was. I would cut a day here and there as you build your clientele at the new place and then cut the high end place all together. You won't be sorry! As long as you didn't sign a non-compete you're all good but be careful you don't get caught talking about your new salon. I had the spa I was working at accuse me of stealing clients.
Jill A. Clark
Southeastern MI
http://www.nailsbyjill.com
http://www.whennevents.com
http://www.http://www.facebook.com/NailsByJill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 3,208