You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gels for toenail reconstruction just tried naillite
Naillite just sent me a sample of their gentle soak off gel. They are awesome with their samples. I enjoyed working with their gel but can only compare it to LCN for the feet. The lcn is more flexible when dry but a bit more runny to use when applying. The naillite soakable was thicker and i did not have a hard time building with it. I just have no idea how it will hold up. This gel is an all in one but you do have to use the sealer. I have not tried any other gel yet besides these two. premiernailsource also has a soakable gel ,nouvea. Has anyone tried that? I just don't think that i need to spend a lot to get a decent product.
Thanks
Nailite IS a decent product and there's lots of salons who use it. There's nothing wrong with trying different products but if you want to stick with Nailite, it's a great product to use and you can't beat the customer service.
I whole heartedly agree with donnA! Nailite is a fantastic product! If their shipping was faster to my area, I would continue to use it. Alas, it is tooooo slow, so I'm moving on Sad
But if you can get it when you need, you wont be sorry!
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
Thanks so much! When I spoke to nailite about a sample of the soakable gel they told me it would take up to 10 days. That was fine. I ordered once from them and waited about a week.
I appreciate what Donna has said about the importance of flexibility for toenails. I did not have any experience before using Barefoot by LCN and now that i feel comfortable I decided to try others. The problem about trying other products is the clients become guniea pigs. I don't want to get calls complaining that the nail cracked or lifted which also can happen with LCN but rarely.
My friend uses acrylic and she is happy with the results. I work with lots of ederly and they are not all for acrylic and I also do not feel like starting over with learning something that I have not done.
So, the nailite soakable gentle gel went on nice. It was not as runny as the barefoot. It is not as flexible but I am not sure if that will matter for some people. Time will tell.
Premiernailsource has the nouvea premium gel for 14.95. Any input?
Thank you so so so much for the great advice.
ps. Donna, I love your facebook page and noticed one of your fantastic toenail reconstructions. What did you use on her?????
(06-01-2012, 12:27 PM)sillysoup Wrote: Thanks so much! When I spoke to nailite about a sample of the soakable gel they told me it would take up to 10 days. That was fine. I ordered once from them and waited about a week.
I appreciate what Donna has said about the importance of flexibility for toenails. I did not have any experience before using Barefoot by LCN and now that i feel comfortable I decided to try others. The problem about trying other products is the clients become guniea pigs. I don't want to get calls complaining that the nail cracked or lifted which also can happen with LCN but rarely.
My friend uses acrylic and she is happy with the results. I work with lots of ederly and they are not all for acrylic and I also do not feel like starting over with learning something that I have not done.
So, the nailite soakable gentle gel went on nice. It was not as runny as the barefoot. It is not as flexible but I am not sure if that will matter for some people. Time will tell.
Premiernailsource has the nouvea premium gel for 14.95. Any input?
Thank you so so so much for the great advice.
ps. Donna, I love your facebook page and noticed one of your fantastic toenail reconstructions. What did you use on her?????

Thanks! I used gel on her to begin with but she's found that they seem to stay better with acrylic. She's the only one I do toes on that I use acrylic. I like using gel instead, and currently I use YN for pretty much everything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 21
Views: 16,138
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Last Postsabbott
Replies: 1
Views: 1,371
12-16-2012, 03:20 PM