You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curing opi gel polish
I am currently using Shellac and Gelish with my Brisa Lamp. I would love to try the new OPI system, but can not afford another expensive lamp. I think I read on the forum a while ago about the formula for curing with another UV lamp than OPI's. I have purchased a base, color, and top coat and want to try it with my current lamp. If I remember correctly it was: Base, 1 min. Color coat, 2 min and top coat 3 min. So, basically, 1,2,3. Anyone know? I did call OPI and got the response I expected. "our product only works with our lamp." Really????

Thanks!
Teresa
Remember: God puts us where he wants us to be.
I use my CND lamp to cure OPI and have never had any problems.
(05-10-2012, 12:18 PM)MA Tech Wrote: I use my CND lamp to cure OPI and have never had any problems.

Great! How long do you cure each coat? And thanks for your help!

Teresa
I'm using a basic 4x9 tunnel and having no problems with it.

For the record, I'm friankly sick and tired of co.'s saying their product ONLY cures with THEIR light. They might have done all kinds of testing and determined that a bulb with a certain UV strength is the best for their product but then the same co. turns around and puts their product out on the otc market knowing full well the otc. buyers won't use THEIR lamp if they can get one cheaper on eBay or Amazon.

This rant isn't aimed at OPI specifically. I know their stuff is sold on Amazon so that means other lamps can be/are used with it. If a professional co. makes a product and says it's supposed to be only cured with one type lamp, the that co. should make every effort possible to keep that product from being sold OTC. These same co.s are saying it's for professional use only then it's sold to every Dick and Jane on the planet.........Really??

Basically all the pro co.'s are doing is covering their butts to make sure they can't be sued if your finger falls off for using the wrong lamp. If we bought a new lamp for every product we used, we'd all most likely have a minimum of 5-10 lamps.

(05-11-2012, 08:35 AM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: I'm using a basic 4x9 tunnel and having no problems with it.

For the record, I'm friankly sick and tired of co.'s saying their product ONLY cures with THEIR light. They might have done all kinds of testing and determined that a bulb with a certain UV strength is the best for their product but then the same co. turns around and puts their product out on the otc market knowing full well the otc. buyers won't use THEIR lamp if they can get one cheaper on eBay or Amazon.

This rant isn't aimed at OPI specifically. I know their stuff is sold on Amazon so that means other lamps can be/are used with it. If a professional co. makes a product and says it's supposed to be only cured with one type lamp, the that co. should make every effort possible to keep that product from being sold OTC. These same co.s are saying it's for professional use only then it's sold to every Dick and Jane on the planet.........Really??

Basically all the pro co.'s are doing is covering their butts to make sure they can't be sued if your finger falls off for using the wrong lamp. If we bought a new lamp for every product we used, we'd all most likely have a minimum of 5-10 lamps.

OOPS!! I think Donna's reply got posted under my name when I tried to respond. Anyway, thanks Donna, and I agree with you. I love all of the new products, but for different reasons. I would also love to be able to purchase the lamp that goes with each system.. It's just a $$$$ and space constraint thing. I am going to try it and see what happens and hope that someone comes out with a lamp that cures it all. I thought I saw a company was developing a dual cure Uv and Led lamp. I wouldn't mind having one of those! Have you heard about that? Have a great day!
Teresa
(05-10-2012, 11:50 AM)littlenonna Wrote: I am currently using Shellac and Gelish with my Brisa Lamp. I would love to try the new OPI system, but can not afford another expensive lamp. I think I read on the forum a while ago about the formula for curing with another UV lamp than OPI's. I have purchased a base, color, and top coat and want to try it with my current lamp. If I remember correctly it was: Base, 1 min. Color coat, 2 min and top coat 3 min. So, basically, 1,2,3. Anyone know? I did call OPI and got the response I expected. "our product only works with our lamp." Really????

Thanks!
Teresa

I have the OPI LED lamp (great lamp, btw) which I bought as part of the whole OPI package. In my GelColor instruction booklet from OPI it gives cure times for the OPI LED (30 secs each layer) and the OPI Axxium UV light (1-2-3 mins for base, colour and top). It then says "Cure times may vary with non-OPI UV lights." [italics theirs]

My interpretation of that is that the OPI lights are recommended, but that other lights can be used. Still, the OPI LED and Gelcolor were made for each other.
I totally agree!!!!!!

(05-11-2012, 08:35 AM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: I'm using a basic 4x9 tunnel and having no problems with it.

Anna
I have been curing my OPI gelcolor and my Gelish in the Gelish Mini pro LED unit. Its very small and very easy to use. I wanted to use an LED light for all my SOGP ( that cure in led that is ) and when I tried this light out it worked awesome. If I didn't have it, I would be using my rapidcure 36watt tunnel lamp. I used that for years on all my SOGP before I picked up the mini pro.
Now my OPI gelcolors are done in 30-45 seconds a layer. The tunnel lamp can take up to 3 min a layer. The rule for the OPI is 1,2,3. Yet the 2 min color layer can be bumped to 3 if its a very dark color.
(05-12-2012, 12:40 PM)sobeit Wrote: I have been curing my OPI gelcolor and my Gelish in the Gelish Mini pro LED unit. Its very small and very easy to use. I wanted to use an LED light for all my SOGP ( that cure in led that is ) and when I tried this light out it worked awesome. If I didn't have it, I would be using my rapidcure 36watt tunnel lamp. I used that for years on all my SOGP before I picked up the mini pro.
Now my OPI gelcolors are done in 30-45 seconds a layer. The tunnel lamp can take up to 3 min a layer. The rule for the OPI is 1,2,3. Yet the 2 min color layer can be bumped to 3 if its a very dark color.

Thanks so much. You have been very helpful! Happpy Mother's Day!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 3,047
06-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Last PostCindee
Replies: 2
Views: 2,876
03-17-2013, 05:20 PM