You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soaks off like Shellac
So I'm currently using Gelish and love the way it's applied and the wear is great. And IBD Just gel. My problem is its soooo hard to soak off. I like Shellac and the way it soaks off but they don't have fun colors. Is it another gel that's comparable to the Shellac with more colors?
The Pink Door
Telia, I find Gelish soaks off best when you use the foil wrap method and heated mitts. I think it needs more than ten minutes ,also. I usually check it in ten ,scrape a little ,and if it seems stubborn ,I rewrap and wait. I only check the pinky that has been wrapped the longest, if that last part wasn't clear. Be sure also ,that you have broken the seal first. Good luck ! Smile
OPI gelcolor, nothing soaks off like it, even shellac is not as clean or nice in my experience. I like gelish, but I use the OPI gelcolor base and top coat to keep soak off faster and cleaner. After about 7 min with OPI gelcolor in the foil wrap method it's releasing and falling off the nails. At the full 10 I hard,y have any pieces to slide off.
(04-24-2012, 02:32 PM)sobeit Wrote: OPI gelcolor, nothing soaks off like it, even shellac is not as clean or nice in my experience. I like gelish, but I use the OPI gelcolor base and top coat to keep soak off faster and cleaner. After about 7 min with OPI gelcolor in the foil wrap method it's releasing and falling off the nails. At the full 10 I hard,y have any pieces to slide off.

I agree. OPI is the easiest soak off of all the gel/polishes I've tried. I use the Graham Wraps and a heat pad and it comes off completely in 10 minutes. My last removal, I didn't even have to push it off, it all came off on the pad.
Using the OPI base and top and Gelish colors, are your clients having the same wear time as if you were using the whole Gelish system? Our clients love that they can go 2 to 3 weeks with no chipping wearing Gelish. I'd love to know how it's holding up! Thanks so much!
IBD's Just Gel soaks off the best for me. Using their base and top. Once I grabbed the gelish base (I was swamped and wasn't paying attention)... so I used the gelish top with it. It took a few extra min to soak off. I use the foil method and usually set the timer for 8 min for all colors, except really light/clearish ones get 5min. No problems.

Reading the above comments, I'm wondering if salon temp/humidity/coolness etc has anything to do with the mixed results? THoughts?
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
Love OPI base..completely off in 15 min
I use Gelish with it n/p...
I am doing a light dry wipe with OPI now to use with OPI colors and the shrinkage issue is fine now.

just in my experience the OPI colrs tend to stain..
but they wear sooooo amazing & better than Gelish IMO
I will phase out most of my Gelish eventually & will buy more colors tho.
Just trying to understand here...so you are using OPI base only ? Or the OPI base and top ? I LOVE my Gelish ,have finally gotten through teething issues ,and even my toughest client ,one who barely gets 10 days out of anything , is getting three weeks now with a french. I wish soak off was a little faster than 15 minutes though...
I use OPI base and top
Colors too.
I just have gelish colors that I use with them now.
I don't use gelish base anymore unless its for peds
You might be shocked out how many fun colors I get out of Shellac by layering Smile I haven't had a color I couldn't match yet with pigments, glitter, and Shellac layering Smile

It takes minimal time, and I charge more for it, and my clients are all happy as clams!
Heather Reynosa-Davis
Team CND Global Education Ambassador
You go Heather-I agree for sure! And it is Power Polish-not a gel! No buffing, filing or scraping!
I agree with Heather--there are oh-so-many fun color combos possible with Shellac! That said, I am kinda digging NSI Polish Pro too; it has great colors AND it soaks off sooo quick and easy. Give NSI a call and get a sample!
Elyse in WA
http://www.elysiumnailstudio.com
The Nail Princess is in.
I stopped using Shellac...they have some pretty shades ,but when I have layered them they look like a 5 year old painted the nails. I like the fact that Gelish and OPI have lots of beautiful colors ,and Gelish in particular ,layers beautifully ,and adds to the many gorgeous colors...Smile
Does OPI require an LED light?
OPI will cure with or without LED...I use both.I have a Harmony LED lamp ,and two CND UV lamps, both work great !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,432
11-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Last PostAmberLA
Replies: 6
Views: 4,394
03-05-2012, 04:44 PM