You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
??? For traditional (hard) gel users
I am not big into using sog. 99% of my clients are reg gel clients. 99% of them have standing appts, my book is full and has been for years, so I'm not looking to increase my clientele. I use traditional gel polishes (in the tubs) but have been having a hard time finding new colors for the past few years, I'm assuming because everything is sog in a polish bottle now. So I have tried gelish so I can expand my color collection. I put it on my own natural nails and must say that I'm quite impressed with the shine and the wear. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of using it on my customers with gel enhancements. I used the gelish on a few of them but used my axxium no cleanse sealer, as I will be filing it off rather than soaking. The sealer seems to have pulled away from the sidewall and cuticle area, so this week I am using it with the gelish sealer. I do not like applying the color with polish out of a bottle. It is much easier and faster, for me, to apply with a gel brush and out of a tub. Also, I am used to mixing colors together to come up with new colors, and adding glitter and shimmers. Anyone else out there that uses the sog on traditional gel fills? I need new colors!! If I go with sog, im thinking of getting an led lamp. What hard gels can be cured in led lamps? Geesh, I feel like I'm learning to do nails all over again!
I don't use SOG on a fill, but for art or color I do. You can take a drop of Gelish like you would polish and put it on aluminum foil and use that with your regular gel brush. Just clean with clear/foundation. The only time I've used hard gel colors have been Brisa Gel. They have some different colors like red/blue/green, etc. Mix with white or clear and use like normal. Gelish also makes a hard gel of the same name, only in tubs. Used to be call Reveal. It cures in an L.E.D. lamp.
I use several different sogs for color on my hard gels. I've had no problems with it other than the occasional wrinkling during curing because it was a tad too thick in some place. My clients love it because it's faster and easier. I love it because I can keep the bottles in a rack right next to my desk and I don't have to dig thru stacks of pots looking for the right color.
Thank Donna! Just curious, why do you think it's faster?
Can I ask, and I know it may be a stupid question, but.... if you are using sogp on top of acrylic enhancements, does the soak off not affect the acrylic too?

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I only ever used hard gels and just wondered. My friend was going to do a polish for me and I'm wearing acrylic.
Sorry for jumping on another thread.

Thanks
A lot of my acrylic clients are using my sogps as their polish color now because they can dig in their purse ,or just get up and go ,knowing they will not smudge no matter what they do. They also dig the shine that lasts and lasts...Smile
(04-19-2012, 08:43 AM)nailgirl1 Wrote: Thank Donna! Just curious, why do you think it's faster?

I think it's faster because I can just pick out the bottle, give a bit of shake then apply it. Like I said earlier, I can see the color on the bottle, rather than dealing with stacks of pots of gels. They usually will end up turned on their sides, leaking all over bottom of the drawers, too. PIA!!

Also, another reason I like the sog color is because its not quite as brittle as reg. gel polish. I've got a client who types all day long. Reg. hard gel polish would ALWAYS chip off the ends, all the way back to the nailbed. Thru trial and error, I found that the issue was lack of flexibility. I use a Gelish color now along with a sog sealer and there's no chipping! Saves me tons of time there. I was having repair the color at least once a week on her.Angry

(04-19-2012, 07:36 PM)AngieF Wrote: Can I ask, and I know it may be a stupid question, but.... if you are using sogp on top of acrylic enhancements, does the soak off not affect the acrylic too?

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I only ever used hard gels and just wondered. My friend was going to do a polish for me and I'm wearing acrylic.
Sorry for jumping on another thread.

Thanks

I don't soak off, I use a med. carbide and file it off. I don't soak any of it off when I use it over gel or acrylic, filing is faster, imo. The nail product protects the nail from file damage.

(04-19-2012, 03:57 AM)nailgirl1 Wrote: I do not like applying the color with polish out of a bottle. It is much easier and faster, for me, to apply with a gel brush

I use Shellac, but in school i used Axxium SOG. I hated it. But I loved the brush that we used and the little pots. SO I asked my teacher if I could have all the empy pots from AXXIUM. I took them home and poored all my shellac in to pots. I keep the bottles to put out for display but use the pots, stir stick and brush from OPI. Works great for me and solves the hate I had with not getting every last drop from the bottle and having to use that thin brush!

this is the brush I use.
http://www.beautysupplyonsale.com/produc...hetic.html

You could use your empty gel pots to put your gelish in and do the same if you dont like the brush it comes with.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 1,156
08-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Last PostAlicia Moir
Replies: 8