You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sogp chart
should i use the base and top coat for my sogp when making my chart for clients? thanks
I would like all advice with being a nail technician
You can forgo the base, but not the top coat Smile.
ok thanks I'm gonna do mine later tonight
If you have the clear tips or color wheel/board you are putting the sog on, put it on the under side, then you don't have to waste your top coat
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
(04-07-2012, 09:36 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: If you have the clear tips or color wheel/board you are putting the sog on, put it on the under side, then you don't have to waste your top coat

That's a nifty tip!!
Thank you so much
(04-07-2012, 09:36 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: If you have the clear tips or color wheel/board you are putting the sog on, put it on the under side, then you don't have to waste your top coat

I tried this on a couple of nail sticks. I found the sticky left on the back annoyed me though, and if I wanted to see a color layered over it, then tried to wipe it off with alcohol it made the clear of the nail stick cloudy, so I had to redo those swatches.

I do 2 layers of color and then topcoat on all my swatches.
Heart Gelishly
2 coats color sometimes 3 & topcoat.

I always do three coats color ,and topcoat. Three coats not only looks richer ,it always gives good coverage ,and in my opinion , a better representation of the color. Any of you know where I can order those color wheels ? My local Cosmoprof is out of them a lot ,and when they do have them ,I can only ever get one or two...grrr! ,lol...
(04-10-2012, 11:07 PM)Gelishly Wrote:

I tried this on a couple of nail sticks. I found the sticky left on the back annoyed me though, and if I wanted to see a color layered over it, then tried to wipe it off with alcohol it made the clear of the nail stick cloudy, so I had to redo those swatches.

I do 2 layers of color and then topcoat on all my swatches.

I haven't had any problems with the sticky layer, because after curing I wipe it off, same as if I were doing a nail on a client. I use a wipe with just water to clean the clear tip if I demonstrate the layered look. There's really no reason to use alcohol if all you've done is put the color on and take it right back off - it comes off very easily with a wet wipe (water).
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I don't waste my SOGP topcoat. I use regular out the door polish as my top coat on my SOGP display wheels or color pops. I don't wipe the sticky layer off either. Just cure my coats and apply the out the door. I have done it this way since their release. No problems with the top coat drying, smudging, or pitting.
(04-11-2012, 07:32 AM)lexibunny Wrote: I always do three coats color ,and topcoat. Three coats not only looks richer ,it always gives good coverage ,and in my opinion , a better representation of the color. Any of you know where I can order those color wheels ? My local Cosmoprof is out of them a lot ,and when they do have them ,I can only ever get one or two...grrr! ,lol...

You can get them on eBay. I have the 50x clear false nail art tips sticks polish display fan (under $5). I prefer these over the color wheels because I can easily remove or add colors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 3,215
12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Last PostNailTech.com
Replies: 10
Views: 6,541
08-31-2012, 01:22 PM