You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gel question
Wink 
I am fresh out of school for nails and i'm trying to decide which brand of gel to go with. I recently bought the OPI gel but i'm really not liking it. Is there any brand that you can incorporate the gel polish in to make the tips more colorful than just pink & white?

Thank you
I use Nailite. I don't care to do pink and whites, though I do if I must. They have a bunch of colors and it works well for french or whatever you want to do. I use it to marble quite a bit.
Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
It would not be a good idea to incorporate gel polish "into" Gel. You can use gel polish of any color to paint on the free edge or the whole nail. But you cannot mix your gel polish into your gel, and if you sandwich it which I have read some do, just know cracking, and peeling may occur as Hard gel is rigid and soft gel is flexible.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Didn't realize she meant mix the two together. i don't do that. I do sandwhich though, but only if there is hard gel down first, sog, then hard gel.
Brenda

Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
I always start with a hard gel as my base, then I am only prepping the natural nail Once. You can do anything on top of that, pink & white, color, glitter...You name it. If you wanted to use one of your soak off gels, you can do that too, I would just apply it directly over the hard gel base layer and top it with the top coat you normally use with your soak off. When it comes time to remove your color, you can file it quickly and you still have the layer of hard gel base in place, eliminating the need to go all the way back down to natural nail. Prep your regrowth, add thin layer of hard gel and play all you heart desires with the colors and glitters again. Smile I love Light Elegance Gels And they have beautiful hard gel polishes and drop-dead gorgeous Glitter gels.
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
(03-24-2012, 08:21 AM)Darcy Wrote: I always start with a hard gel as my base, then I am only prepping the natural nail Once. You can do anything on top of that, pink & white, color, glitter...You name it. If you wanted to use one of your soak off gels, you can do that too, I would just apply it directly over the hard gel base layer and top it with the top coat you normally use with your soak off. When it comes time to remove your color, you can file it quickly and you still have the layer of hard gel base in place, eliminating the need to go all the way back down to natural nail. Prep your regrowth, add thin layer of hard gel and play all you heart desires with the colors and glitters again. Smile I love Light Elegance Gels And they have beautiful hard gel polishes and drop-dead gorgeous Glitter gels.

I'v looked at the Light Elegance website and I am very eager to try their gels. It's hard for me just starting out to spend a lot on one product just to find out I really don't like it (i'v done this a lot lately). I am hoping to get up to the Nail event in Keizer in April. If not then hopefully LE will be at the IBS in Las Vegas in June.
Thank you for your info =o)
I am a Young Nails fan. Their gel is easy to work with. They have a variety of viscosity's, and they are the only one I have found that does not get HOT.