You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
light elegance super shinny disappointment
i recently bought a bottle of super shinny after reading all your comments but today i used it for the first time and i wasn't happy with the result.it wasn't as shinny as other products i have used and also it left after i whipped it off some little holes .it was to runny and i had to freeze it every 2 fingers.i wipped the tucky layer with scrubfresh.am i doing something wrong?i need your help please!
(03-21-2012, 04:02 PM)tsita78 Wrote: i recently bought a bottle of super shinny after reading all your comments but today i used it for the first time and i wasn't happy with the result.it wasn't as shinny as other products i have used and also it left after i whipped it off some little holes .it was to runny and i had to freeze it every 2 fingers.i wipped the tucky layer with scrubfresh.am i doing something wrong?i need your help please!

Scrubfresh is practically half acetone. So this would not be recommended to wipe of the tacky layer of a gel. Use 70% or higher of isopropyl alcohol or SD Alcohol.

ScrubFresh MSDSheet<<----click
(03-21-2012, 04:39 PM)Nail Raising Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 04:02 PM)tsita78 Wrote: i recently bought a bottle of super shinny after reading all your comments but today i used it for the first time and i wasn't happy with the result.it wasn't as shinny as other products i have used and also it left after i whipped it off some little holes .it was to runny and i had to freeze it every 2 fingers.i wipped the tucky layer with scrubfresh.am i doing something wrong?i need your help please!

Scrubfresh is practically half acetone. So this would not be recommended to wipe of the tacky layer of a gel. Use 70% or higher of isopropyl alcohol or SD Alcohol.

ScrubFresh MSDSheet<<----click

BTW-I have never used Super Shiney or any LE products but just my limited knowledge of gel products leads me to this conclusion. Smile

Anna
i will try to do that next time but i didn't have a problem with other uv top coats i used in the past.don't know what is going on with this one..
I use 100% acetone to remove the inhibition layer from my favorite gel sealant, Super Shiny. Acetone does not affect the shine.

What are you applying it over? How long are you curing? Are you lamps working effectively?
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
i apply it over ten gel and cure it for 2 minutes in my brisa lamp.the bulbs are new, 3 weeks old.
Hi Tsita78,
If you were finding it necessary to flash cure every 2 nails, it sounds like the Super Shiny was applied too thick. It is best applied in a thin layer, to give your enhancement unbeatable shine for weeks. Also regarding the pitting, I have had this happen to me once when I was trying to move quickly and I found that it was from little air bubbles. If I dip the brush into the bottle Gently and wipe one side as I pull it out, I don't have that issue. Hope this helps! Smile
Oops, forgot to add (and cannot seem to locate an 'edit' option)
LE gels will cure fine in the Brisa lamp and if your replaced the bulbs recently, it's safe to say that's not the issue and I second Jamie's response on the Acetone, it will not hurt the Super Shiny's shine at all. Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
thank you for your help.i will try to follow your steps next time.what is it best to wipe off the tucky layer?

BTW-I have never used Super Shiney or any LE products but just my limited knowledge of gel products leads me to this conclusion. Smile

LOL...I knew I needed to add this disclaimer! Big Grin

Anna
Tsita~I love our cleanser, but if you don't have that on hand, Acetone or Alcohol will do the job just fine.
No need for the disclaimer Nail Raising, it's all good. Smile
Sorry for the typo in your name Jaime, I guess my fingers were moving faster than my brain. Blush
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
thank you girls for your help Smile i will follow everything you said and see how it goes! do i need to cure it though more than 2 minutes?
No, 2 minutes is all you need for all of the LE gels. Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
I want to guess that you're not getting all of the sticky residue off. Make sure that you're not wiping with the same area of whatever you're wiping with. Hear the squeak and the sticky is gone Smile
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
One quick question - what bulbs are in your Brisa light? If they are not Philips, SLI, Sylvania or a similar bulb, the Super Shiny might not cure completely. If there are questions regarding the bulbs, you can always ring us and we will do everything we can to help. The Brisa light is a great light and will not be the cause of the loss of gloss issue.

Jim
Hey...I posted before but have NO idea what happened to it....
You want to make sure to put it on evenly.....I always do 4 fingers-flash --then the thumb....i cure it about 30 secs...and then I go back and check to see if their is any pitting.
Thats what you got. You shouldnt ever wipe your dispersion layers with gels before you check and make sure everything is OK.
That way, you are saving yourself time in the end...and you can catch it before you have to do all that extra work.
When you find pitting...which I do still sometimes...just take your brush and take a swipe down the middle...that should cover it.
Make sure you cure it a little over the full 2 mins...I always do mine about 2min 30 secs....and you will love it.
As for what is 'right' wiping with... acetone is by far the easiest and cost friendly because its used in many other ways during our appts.
But whatever you choose is fine..just know that the 'cleanser' that the companies try to sell you... is no better or worse than just using acetone...Look at scrub fresh for instance... they charge-- what--$25 for the large bottle and all it is is acetone/alchol ...some coloring and thymol????? See my point??
Take care..hope it works for you...I actually used mine today with my Akznetz nails..I like it better as far as application goes....
toodles.....Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Tracy that is an awesome suggestion, thank you. I always wipe all 10 nails and then find the odd pit here or the straggly piece of lint that got locked in!
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,445
04-07-2016, 11:58 AM