You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Shellac?
Did I miss something, or am I right in assuming it is NOT ok to do this? I know there are a couple brands of gel that say you can mix regular polish to make your own gel, but .............

I'll let this crazy ad speak for itself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-Shellac-G...197wt_1143
Heart Gelishly
I reported the item. This is bs and I hate knock off trademark copyright infringements. So we can all click the link and press the report item. This seller claims to be a licensed cosmo. Well then it would know there isn't any custom shellac by CND. And in answer to your question, no its not ok to add nail polish to any gel polish, contrary to young nails teaching, the chemists, the true chemists, will tell you why. And shellac is a mix of solvents and gel, not nail polish and gel. I get irked with junk like this if you cant tell. Hahaha. I hope their item has to be pulled.
OMG! What a load of absolute rot!!!!
Who does this person think they are?!?!?

CND will not be happy this with this new crazy on the ebay market place, that's for sure.

I have reported it too......come on girls and guys, press report and get this FAKE RUBBISH product off Ebay!!!!!
i reported too
It's been removed. I just tried to look at it.
It's gone Smile
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Good, see, when we work together by sharing and reporting we can stop at least one person from selling bad product.
Good work!!! We need more of this to happen and we can all do our small bit to help clean up our industry, no matter what country we live in.

Also good to see Ebay doing the right thing and not worrying about lining their own pockets first.
I missed the first ebay listing (it was removed before I read this thread). So I searched "custom shellac" on ebay and this one came up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-Shellac-G...083wt_1055

IS THIS THE SAME SELLER? Funny thing, the seller states that THIS is a new username (feedback 0) but they have an excellent feedback under a different username.

Still, NOT COOL!
Dawn
_______
Women are like tea bags.....you don't know how strong they are until they are in hot water. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/DawnPrattNailSalon
Looks to be the exact same listing except for the colors/choices of polish in the listing.
Heart Gelishly
Yes, that's the same listing with a different name. Now I've filed 2 reports.
(03-14-2012, 09:54 PM)Gelishly Wrote: Looks to be the exact same listing except for the colors/choices of polish in the listing.

Except that this time she promises "genuine CND Shellac" in a custom colour. I can't believe she thinks she can get away with something like this. As a licensed cosmetologist, she ought to be a bit afraid of tangling with CND!
Here we go again.....let's all report (again).
I've reported again and this time sent her a nicely worded emailSmile that tell her to stop doing this cause she's nothing but a scam artist trying to make money from CND's good reputation and someone who does this is called scum.
I don't have an eBay account t, so I can't report it! I'm just not willing to create one, so thanks to all of you who report!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
That's been pulled too. Says "ended" so good work fellow techs.
Yaaayyy, us!
I have had a few emails back and forth with this dodgy seller.
Her first excuse was that she was just trying to make extra money for her hard up family.
I emailed her back and informed her of the legalities of her using CND's name etc on a product that CND does not make and warned her that CND keeps a close eye on people like her on Ebay and she is putting her at risk legally. I then tried to tell her of the health risks to the people she is using this rubbish on.
She emailed me back and then all of a sudden it turned into that she is a qualified cosmo for 20 yrs and has been doing this with her friend who is also qualified and she admitted she is doing wrong by using the "genuine CND Shellac" ditto but she is adamant this product is not a cheapo China product and it's perfectly safe.
I refuse to email her back cause her BS excuses just made me so mad!!!

In all honesty, the feeling I got from her endless BS excuses was, she is getting access to pro products through this qualified friend and I did mention that if this is the case, her friend is a disgrace to this industry.
I told her if she is that hard up for money to sell off her old household goods or something, instead of doing something dodgy like this on Ebay.
I didn't get a chance to see either ebay listing - since they were both pulled/ended before I got there. Good on us for jumping all over this... of course, we saved ebay and the seller some legal fees cuz CND would surely have taken them to court!
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
Young Nails says you can add polish to sogp ? Can someone explain this to me ,as I am clueless...never heard it ,or saw where they said that was ok...personally ,I wouldn't attempt it...
(03-16-2012, 04:56 PM)wooshka Wrote: I have had a few emails back and forth with this dodgy seller.
Her first excuse was that she was just trying to make extra money for her hard up family.
I emailed her back and informed her of the legalities of her using CND's name etc on a product that CND does not make and warned her that CND keeps a close eye on people like her on Ebay and she is putting her at risk legally. I then tried to tell her of the health risks to the people she is using this rubbish on.
She emailed me back and then all of a sudden it turned into that she is a qualified cosmo for 20 yrs and has been doing this with her friend who is also qualified and she admitted she is doing wrong by using the "genuine CND Shellac" ditto but she is adamant this product is not a cheapo China product and it's perfectly safe.
I refuse to email her back cause her BS excuses just made me so mad!!!

In all honesty, the feeling I got from her endless BS excuses was, she is getting access to pro products through this qualified friend and I did mention that if this is the case, her friend is a disgrace to this industry.
I told her if she is that hard up for money to sell off her old household goods or something, instead of doing something dodgy like this on Ebay.

You know, I have no objection to her selling this stuff. My objection is to her deceitfulness. The stuff isn't Shellac, or any other brand name stuff for that matter. If she had just said what it really it, that would have been fine. Lots of people would be interested in a custom made gel polish if she had just been honest about the product and her own credentials.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,122
02-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Last PostNTR_Braden
Replies: 1
Views: 1,585
10-24-2013, 06:22 PM