You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gelish question
I'm using Gelish and new to it. I'm getting ready to do a french manicure and wanted to know what to use to clean up the smile line. Non-acetone polish remover and a brush or alcohol?
Alcohol works well ,just make sure you tap your brush before swiping to release excess alcohol. I usually make sure my brush is almost dry before swiping...hth...Smile
I also use alcohol on a brush to clean up my lines. I just put some alcohol in a dappen dish, dip my brush and then wipe it on a towel to remove the excess.
Heart Gelishly
I just use a dry brush and a dry lint-free towel to wipe it on. If my brush needs cleaning I dip it in a little scrub-fresh and wipe it off before I touch the nail again.
Curious what colors you guys use for your gelish FM's, I'm having problems with the sleek white, it's streaky going on and I notice cracking when the client returns (almost like crackle nail polish). Anyone else having the same issues?
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity." Smile
(03-12-2012, 10:01 PM)naildiva71nj Wrote: Curious what colors you guys use for your gelish FM's, I'm having problems with the sleek white, it's streaky going on and I notice cracking when the client returns (almost like crackle nail polish). Anyone else having the same issues?

I like to use Simple Sheer, Ambience, Taffetta or Desert Sands. With the Sleek White, 2 coats are better than one thick one. You should only have to clean the smile after the first coat. Use it as a guide for your second coat of white.

HTH's!
I have tried the 2 coats and I'm getting the same issue. Thanks for the advice on different colors, I've been using little princess and everyone seems to really like that. Smile
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity." Smile
(03-13-2012, 08:56 PM)naildiva71nj Wrote: I have tried the 2 coats and I'm getting the same issue. Thanks for the advice on different colors, I've been using little princess and everyone seems to really like that. Smile

You're welcome. The thing about Little Princesses is that is has a lot of surface induction layer, so the white bleeds more easily. The colors I mentioned above are more clear based, so the white is easier to control on top of them. If you want to use Little Princesses, apply it over the white, or dry wipe it first.

Hope this helps!

Jesse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 10,519
09-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Last PostNancySyd
Replies: 3