You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shellac changing colors on smokers
I need advice. I have noticed about 7 days into my Shellac manicures they start to brown really easy on the middle and pointer fingers. This is from smoking I’m sure. I smoke cigars and cigs and mine usually discolors in 8 days on those same fingers. My question is: Are there any other cigar or cig smokers that have a solution or a different top coat that won’t discolor as fast. I would really like to get the 14 days without discoloration.

Thanks in advance nail techies
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
(03-09-2012, 12:35 PM)MitcheleSheree Wrote: I need advice. I have noticed about 7 days into my Shellac manicures they start to brown really easy on the middle and pointer fingers. This is from smoking I’m sure. I smoke cigars and cigs and mine usually discolors in 8 days on those same fingers. My question is: Are there any other cigar or cig smokers that have a solution or a different top coat that won’t discolor as fast. I would really like to get the 14 days without discoloration.

Here is your solution ;-)
[Image: ca_NC20_CigaretteHolders_l.jpg]
Is that a magic wand smarty pants lol so i guess there really isn't a solution or no one knows any yet? I went to a cigar bar last night and my pointer finger is really brown now. Dang I would really dislike giving up one of my vices lol.
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
its a really long cigarette holder.
Quit smoking of course would be the obvious answer. LOL

As a smoker myself, I can't help you though really. I wear gelish and notice a slight discoloration if I am wearing a light color, but it's not anything anyone else ever notices.
Heart Gelishly
thanks for the reply lol. I dont think ill ever quit smoking I really like having a smoke. lol But oh well i guess it gives me a reason to redo my manicure.
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
I have known a tech who buffs off the top coat (as it is the top coat that stains) and re-applies top coat and this gets rid of the yellow stains.

Another small thing that you could change is your habits, I'm not saying give up smoking (I smoke too so I know what it's like) but what I TRY and do is, instead of holding my ciggie all the time in between puffs, I try and make an effort to put it down in the ash tray, this helps to avoid so much smoke getting onto your nails and fingers.

I rub whitening toothpaste into my skin every few days and give them a gently scrub, rinse well and this seems to help keep the skin from going yellow. Bicarb and lemon juice does the same but I'm too busy for that, so I just use toothpasteSmile
thanks for the tips i have been buffing and replacing the top coat but it just makes me want to do a different color lol. I am using acetone to remove the stains from my hubbys fingers after poker night. it works great and comes off in one wipe. I have Moonlight & roses on right now and the pointer finger after 11 days is really brown so i guess ill change the lighter colors sooner than 14 days
(03-10-2012, 08:18 PM)Tammi T Wrote: its a really long cigarette holder.

Thanks ill look high class using one of these too. Im going to look for one of these lol
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
(03-09-2012, 12:35 PM)MitcheleSheree Wrote: I need advice. I have noticed about 7 days into my Shellac manicures they start to brown really easy on the middle and pointer fingers. This is from smoking I’m sure. I smoke cigars and cigs and mine usually discolors in 8 days on those same fingers. My question is: Are there any other cigar or cig smokers that have a solution or a different top coat that won’t discolor as fast. I would really like to get the 14 days without discoloration.

Ideal is to quit smoking..Better for your health and fingers.. Smoking is good for nothing..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,249
05-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Last Posteleonora
Replies: 3
Views: 3,255
01-26-2014, 01:50 PM