You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you use ManiQ
my local supplier just brought the Young Nails product in. I had them put on a set on me and I bought the intro set and 1 color. Does anyone else here use it? What do you like or dislike about it. I currently use Shellac but am thinking about switching
I use Mani-Q and Gelish (getting ready to dump my Eco product). I and many clients prefer the mani-Q best, though Gelish is also very good. Not really anything I don't like, except that they have so many bold colors but not enough lighter or sheers and nothing with any glitter to speak of... yet. I'm assuming they will down the line.

People who have come to me after wearing Shellac LOVE mani-Q.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Does the mani-Q wear better then Shellac?
(03-03-2012, 06:25 PM)moonkissed Wrote: Does the mani-Q wear better then Shellac?

I've never used Shellac on a client, but have had several come to me after wearing Shellac who like the concept but aren't happy with how it wears. Every last one reports to me that the Mani-Q outlasts Shellac by a long shot and that's why they love it. I see the condition of their Shellac, and then how much better they do in Mani-Q. So in my experience, yes it does. However... who knows, maybe my prep & application are just better than whoever did their Shellac???
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
Love Mani-Q for longer wear, nice colors, and LED curable. Actually...I love and use all of Young Nails' products!
Thank you Candice! I might have to give Mani-Q a try!
I like shellac cuz its a little thicker and I can embed stones and devals. i have q color of the mani and am going to try it out. It does shrink a bit I noticed when I put it on my mom.
(03-05-2012, 10:08 AM)tania1980 Wrote: I like shellac cuz its a little thicker and I can embed stones and devals. i have q color of the mani and am going to try it out. It does shrink a bit I noticed when I put it on my mom.

If Mani-Q is shrinking then it's likely you're applying too thick or don't have the nail cleaned off enough. Someone with an oily nail bed needs extra dehydrating to keep from shrinkage, but other than that it's usually application.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
I tried to take it off with acetone, cotton and foil. And after 20 minutes it did not work. I filed it off. Could this be because the woman who put it on me put protein bond over the whole nail and not just the free edge?
(03-06-2012, 10:34 AM)tania1980 Wrote: I tried to take it off with acetone, cotton and foil. And after 20 minutes it did not work. I filed it off. Could this be because the woman who put it on me put protein bond over the whole nail and not just the free edge?

It could be, or it could be that she didn't use the Mani-Q base, it's hard to say. I put PB on the entire nail because I don't soak off, I buff down to the base layer when I'm re-doing the GP, but when someone does want it all the way off it does take much longer to soak it off! I know I'll get blasted for buffing off, but I'll let the condition of my clients' nails speak for me.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
(03-06-2012, 01:30 PM)CandiceAE Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 10:34 AM)tania1980 Wrote: I tried to take it off with acetone, cotton and foil. And after 20 minutes it did not work. I filed it off. Could this be because the woman who put it on me put protein bond over the whole nail and not just the free edge?

It could be, or it could be that she didn't use the Mani-Q base, it's hard to say. I put PB on the entire nail because I don't soak off, I buff down to the base layer when I'm re-doing the GP, but when someone does want it all the way off it does take much longer to soak it off! I know I'll get blasted for buffing off, but I'll let the condition of my clients' nails speak for me.

I'm with you on this I NEVER soak off, and I let my clients healthy nails speak for my skill!
I use maniQ with wonderful results...long lasting...durable...super on toes...we do a lot and my most extreme biter finds it tough to nibble through Smile Almost always embellish it with glitter...
Rose
Educator/Nail Tech/Master Pedicurist
Nevaeh Nail Studio
.....a little touch of Heaven
I have never tried ManiQ and have heard great things about it, can someone explain if it is a soak off polish? I remember seeing it as just a clear gel product. Anyone? Thanks! Smile
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity." Smile
(03-12-2012, 10:07 PM)naildiva71nj Wrote: I have never tried ManiQ and have heard great things about it, can someone explain if it is a soak off polish? I remember seeing it as just a clear gel product. Anyone? Thanks! Smile

It is both. The original was the clear Mani-Q that you could mix, but they also have colors that come in a bottle. Both are soak off gels.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
Thanks Candice Smile
"Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity." Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,130