You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genbook or Schedulicity?
Hello all,

I have been using Genbook for 6 months or so and I like it a lot. One thing that it doesn't provide is "double booking"
I would like to be able to schedule a client for a "soak off" during my previous appointment and I can't with Genbook.
Do you guys have experience with both? Which one do you prefer?
I have schedulicity and I need to book 2 seperate appointment for 2 different thing. ex. nails and pedicure.
(02-24-2012, 01:09 PM)back2you Wrote: I have schedulicity and I need to book 2 seperate appointment for 2 different thing. ex. nails and pedicure.

Can you not set up your options as combos? For example:
Manicure A
Manicure B

Pedicure A
Pedicure B

Mani/Pedi combo

and so on...
Anna
I think she means being able to schedule Client B to come in for a soak off while she is still with Client A. You don't have the ability to schedule multiple clients in the same time slot. I use Genbook too and I don't have this issue but I can see how it would cause a problem and I think I just figured it out while typing this.

Anna, if you are a single operator you're not going to get the option to schedule multiple clients in the same time slot. You can pay more to get that option. I think this is the answer to your question Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
No what i was referring to was Back2yous post about having to schedule 2 appts for 2services for one client unless I misunderstood her response.
Anna
I searched many online scheduling for the similar situation. Finally, I found Appointy.com. It allows my clients to book 2 or more services in a row. For example, my clients can select hair-cut and hair-color at it shows only the times when these 2 services can be performed in a row. I am in love with Appointy.
(02-24-2012, 08:07 PM)Nail Raising Wrote: No what i was referring to was Back2yous post about having to schedule 2 appts for 2services for one client unless I misunderstood her response.

I was actually replying to the Anna who started this thread, sorry for the confusion Smile
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Thanks fo the feedback guys!

I looked at Schedulicity and i like it BUT! they don't offer credit card capture Sad That's a bummer because I take credit card info from all new bookings just to make sure that the person is serious about the booking
PS. Schedulicity allows you to overlap clients, but manually. That helps. I wish Genbook did that.
Overall I love Genbook!
(02-25-2012, 10:08 AM)scratchmyback Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 08:07 PM)Nail Raising Wrote: No what i was referring to was Back2yous post about having to schedule 2 appts for 2services for one client unless I misunderstood her response.

I was actually replying to the Anna who started this thread, sorry for the confusion Smile

Oops...lol...I should've paid better attention.
Anna
Hi,

If I may add something to the mix..I used to have both Schedulicity and Genbook as well, recently A friend of mine (Hair stylist) recommended me Bookappo. I thought I'd never change Genbook but something got me interested in trying something new and not so well known. So i did and wouldn't change anything on my decision. I think you may find it exactly what you need, seeing the requirements you have Smile Here is their website - http://www.bookappo.com . Try to contact them if you have any questions they are usually very quick to respond. Hope it helps!
What do you guys do with your reviews when you switch? I've been using Genbook for a few years and have 42 reviews I don't want to lose. I looked at using schedulicity but the lack of CC capture meant it was an absolute no go. I've looked at Vagaro too and I like it ok and they do CC capture, but losing all my reviews keeps me from wanting to do that. Most of my new clients find me from web searches because of those reviews.

Have you contacted Genbook to ask when it will become available? They take awhile to do updates, but eventually they happen. I bugged them for quite awhile to make login available for clients Smile

On that note, anyone having to sign in EVERY time you go open the app on your iphone lately or is it just me??
Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
I believe Schedulicity has added a CC capture option.
Melodie Hand
Clayton/Raleigh, NC
(08-04-2012, 02:00 AM)Jess in WA Wrote: On that note, anyone having to sign in EVERY time you go open the app on your iphone lately or is it just me??

No, it's not just you. Its so annoying!

Check out styleseat.com
~ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES TILL SOMEONE BREAKS A NAIL~
No, it's not just you Jess. I've had to do it also.

As for the reviews, it is an awesome tool for their customer retention, don't you think? I had the same thoughts as you. If I switch, I lose all my reviews and they've gotten me a lot of business.
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Check out styleseat. Love it
~ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES TILL SOMEONE BREAKS A NAIL~
SalonsOPEN.com provides both double booking and the ability for clients to book multiple services for one appointment. Plus there is a loyalty points system built in and new client targeting for marketing.
SalonsOPEN.com
Build More Loyal Salon Clients & Better Client Relationships
www.salonsOPEN.com
Online Booking
You might want to check out Mystro!

Mystro is online business management & scheduling software and may have just what you are looking for. A colleague of mine uses this software in her business and i will be transitioning to it very shortly.

Also there are free and paid plans.

Check it our here http://www.mystro.co

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 13
Views: 13,729
12-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Postapolishedlook
Replies: 0