You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O.P.I Gelcolor is amazing!
Heart 
I officially think O.P.I Gel color is the best sogp I have used to date. No issues for me with it being too thick, no shrink back, no color fade, no chipping, peeling, or other randoms. I use my rapid cure 36 watt tunnel lamp to cure it at the salon. Today I bought myself the Gelish Mini pro led light for home use. It worked like a charm on the OPI. I have 4 colors so far, as I just have to many that are similar from other lines right now. So asap, I want to weed out everything I own, and get down to using just OPI gelcolor and NSI GelPro ( when its released ).
I wore, My Private Jet, for 2 weeks and it was spectacular. I soaked them off, and after 3 min the pinky fell off, after 10 the color was fully released onto the cotton from all my nails. The only other sogp that soaks off like that is NSI Polish Pro. I am hooked. Sold and in love. I will be investing in Led now. Either the dual unit from manicuresthatlast ( again when its released to us) or a smaller unit, ( and using my single 9 watt to cure my glaze n go)
I know when it first hit shelves some techs had issues with the base coat being clumpy, and or color fading or not wearing. I am happy to say in my case that the OPI was even better than I could have dreamed.
I thought I would share with you all in case your on the fence about it. Its worth every single penny. And its not cheap.
Oh and the base coat. Ok this is amazing stuff. It goes on thin, no scrubbing needed. No trying to use so little to keep the gloss effect down. No dry wipe needed. ( if you do it right ) Just use very thin coats in a normal stroke. Then for me, after the cure of the base coat, every single time, its a matte look and that is perfect for the color layers. Its essential to keeping shrink back at bay.
I just ♥ it.
Hi Sobeit!
I love My Private jet too! The color is perfect and the application- FLAWLESS.
What other colors do you have?

Anna

(02-15-2012, 08:28 PM)sobeit Wrote: I officially think O.P.I Gel color is the best sogp I have used to date. No issues for me with it being too thick, no shrink back, no color fade, no chipping, peeling, or other randoms. I use my rapid cure 36 watt tunnel lamp to cure it at the salon. Today I bought myself the Gelish Mini pro led light for home use. It worked like a charm on the OPI. I have 4 colors so far, as I just have to many that are similar from other lines right now. So asap, I want to weed out everything I own, and get down to using just OPI gelcolor and NSI GelPro ( when its released ).
I wore, My Private Jet, for 2 weeks and it was spectacular. I soaked them off, and after 3 min the pinky fell off, after 10 the color was fully released onto the cotton from all my nails. The only other sogp that soaks off like that is NSI Polish Pro. I am hooked. Sold and in love. I will be investing in Led now. Either the dual unit from manicuresthatlast ( again when its released to us) or a smaller unit, ( and using my single 9 watt to cure my glaze n go)
I know when it first hit shelves some techs had issues with the base coat being clumpy, and or color fading or not wearing. I am happy to say in my case that the OPI was even better than I could have dreamed.
I thought I would share with you all in case your on the fence about it. Its worth every single penny. And its not cheap.
Oh and the base coat. Ok this is amazing stuff. It goes on thin, no scrubbing needed. No trying to use so little to keep the gloss effect down. No dry wipe needed. ( if you do it right ) Just use very thin coats in a normal stroke. Then for me, after the cure of the base coat, every single time, its a matte look and that is perfect for the color layers. Its essential to keeping shrink back at bay.
I just ♥ it.

I have Brisbane Bronze and OPI base ..... I put the base on real thin. The color doesn't get good coverage and it shrinks back. Could it be just that color???
(02-15-2012, 09:30 PM)hlaurette Wrote: I have Brisbane Bronze and OPI base ..... I put the base on real thin. The color doesn't get good coverage and it shrinks back. Could it be just that color???

Have you stirred your color really well? It could be the seperation from sitting. If not, I have not needed to dry wipe, maybe your base is glossy and you can remove that so the color sticks instead of slides and shrinks. I have had problems with other lines shrinking and it didnt matter what I did to try and stop it, so I say yes, it could be the color as well.

Anna, I also have, Passion, Bubble bath ( my clients where the clean light look almost all the time) and You don't know Jacques. I love them all. I need my tax return so I can get a few more colors. Wink
Peggy- im sooo glad you like it too! Best. Stuff. Ever!!! I have a brand new LED light if you're interested. I bought 2 at Orlando last year and don't really need them both.

I cant wait to try My Private Jet and They have the best pink and white for doing French.
I still have trouble with shrinkage, no matter what I try, but I just started flash-curing and that solved that problem and it doesn't take any more time. In fact I think it takes less time.
I would love to talk about the lamp. I neeeeeeeeeeed it. hahaha. So with shrinkage I can try and help with that. But honestly if you tried everything and it still happens then it could be the color. I like to stir my bottle with an orange wood stick, or rotate the brush by the handle, and the shake it for a while. That gets all the pigment back into the gel and helps with shrinking product. Especially with brands like Gelish that have solvents in them. OPI gel with pigment will just need a good solid mixing.
I am going to email you about the led unit. ♥
(02-15-2012, 08:28 PM)sobeit Wrote: I officially think O.P.I Gel color is the best sogp I have used to date. No issues for me with it being too thick, no shrink back, no color fade, no chipping, peeling, or other randoms. I use my rapid cure 36 watt tunnel lamp to cure it at the salon. Today I bought myself the Gelish Mini pro led light for home use. It worked like a charm on the OPI. I have 4 colors so far, as I just have to many that are similar from other lines right now. So asap, I want to weed out everything I own, and get down to using just OPI gelcolor and NSI GelPro ( when its released ).
I just ♥ it.

I am with you on OPI GelColor. I love it! I use Gelish, ACG, Just Gel and Geleration and love them all - but removal stinks. The thing I like the most about OPI is the removal. I have never had removal this easy. The base coat is nice and thin and goes on evenly but thin and that results in a short, easy-peasy removal with no residue. I started with Shellac, and I love its easy removal, but OPI with an LED cure and more colors, means I'll be dropping Shellac. Oh and if you like OPI GelColors now, use the OPI LED lamp - HEAVEN!!
Brisbane Bronze is not my favourite color. You are right. It shrinks from the free edge and it doesn't cover. Looks little yellow/dirty on the free edges. Sad
I mixed the hell out of it Wink

Some colors shrink more then others. I just started curing 2 nails at a time (I work on other 2 in the mean time). It helps. Especially with.. well, actually most colors, except with the light ones like Bubble Bath, Princesses Rule and Passion. These go on perfectly.

(02-15-2012, 09:30 PM)hlaurette Wrote: I have Brisbane Bronze and OPI base ..... I put the base on real thin. The color doesn't get good coverage and it shrinks back. Could it be just that color???

I used my private jet on myself, it's very dark, I painted all 10 nails so I could just cure and switch quick. I didnt need to flash cure and had no shrink back. I have no idea after trying everything, why it happens to some and not others. Hmm. Altitude?
My Private Jet does go on beautifully. Like you said, even, no pulling back at the cuticle, no shrinking back. One of my favs- application wise and color wise Smile

(02-16-2012, 01:11 AM)sobeit Wrote: I used my private jet on myself, it's very dark, I painted all 10 nails so I could just cure and switch quick. I didnt need to flash cure and had no shrink back. I have no idea after trying everything, why it happens to some and not others. Hmm. Altitude?

Hey Peggy have u tried the OPI base with the Gelish? if so how does it hold & soak off?
I just have soooooooooooo much Gelish, Entity CC (which also wears amazing!)
I would not mind finding another base which applies easier & releases off the nail better..Gelish & Entity can be hard to remove sometimes
PLUS I love so many of the Gelish colors!
I'm not into mixing lines BUT I just have soooooo much Gelish I need to use up b/f I invest more money into more colors..seriously I have products up the ying yang. I need product rehab! LOL
(02-16-2012, 01:38 AM)suestation Wrote: Hey Peggy have u tried the OPI base with the Gelish? if so how does it hold & soak off?
I just have soooooooooooo much Gelish, Entity CC (which also wears amazing!)
I would not mind finding another base which applies easier & releases off the nail better..Gelish & Entity can be hard to remove sometimes
PLUS I love so many of the Gelish colors!
I'm not into mixing lines BUT I just have soooooo much Gelish I need to use up b/f I invest more money into more colors..seriously I have products up the ying yang. I need product rehab! LOL

I admit that I am a mixer with sogp. I do what works best. I love the opi base and I just used it with the Gelish exhale and Polish Pro Phantom Ranch. I wont know the wear for a few weeks but it went on as usual. Actually Phantom ranch NSI is fairly thick but it went on super even over the opi base which is unusual for that color. It seemed easier to cover which might be the base not having a high gloss. I say go for it. On yourself first to see. I mix. Normally I use gelish foundation and polish pro top coat with all my brands of color.
thanks Peggy u always are so informative & helpful Smile

please LMK how it wears if u can..I just don't want to invest in yet ANOTHER product that wears either the same or not great.

Do u find Gelish inconsistent with soak off? I mean I sometimes have great soak off & other times it comes off ok.
wear is also the same..sometimes AWESOME & other times ehhh This is why OPI is striking my fancy..I have read some great reviews on it..
I know it's not my error since I have taken Gelish classes & have been using it a while the same way..I am wondering if it is the colors or age of the Gelish..not that they are thick I have just had some of the less popular colors awhile now..of course they are tucked away in a nice dark drawer..LOL
Oh PS
How r u doing with Polish Pro?
that is another one I am considering b/c of some reviews (on the recent formulas)
I know from some of your past posts about it that u had a love hate relationship with PO..recent ones being that u were in love with it again..I am just wondering if u still are in love with it
thanks
Try OPI Ink, it is just beautiful. Might be the favorite.
sobeit I will buy your Gelish
I would like all advice with being a nail technician
(02-19-2012, 10:58 PM)kristenross09 Wrote: sobeit I will buy your Gelish

Awe I don't wanna give up on my Gelish as of yet. I will likely not be using Polish Pro, but switching to Gelpro by NSI instead.
Kristen can you email me again. I want to help you with your Gelish if you didnt find it affordable so far.
[email protected]

Suesation. I like polish pro, and the new formula is much much nicer. I just want to use their gelpro and switch to LED. Polish Pro is UV. I am moving on up to a faster cure service. Since buying the mini pro harmony unit from Sallys I dont want to go back to 2-3 min uv cure per coat of dark. If your interested in Polish Pro let me know I may be able to help you out for a good price. I have so many colors and, all the accessories ( sparkles )
Sobeit, are you using the mini leds to do a day full of clients? I would love to have leds on both sides of my table like I have my CND lamps ,but don't want to compromise the results by using a lamp that may not hold up to all day curing...I respect your opinions and info very much ,any input would be great ,as I have been looking into purchasing the 18g Harmony....
Oops ,think I may have posted this under the wrong thread.
Sobeit, are you using the mini leds to do a day full of clients? I would love to have leds on both sides of my table like I have my CND lamps ,but don't want to compromise the results by using a lamp that may not hold up to all day curing...I respect your opinions and info very much ,any input would be great ,as I have been looking into purchasing the 18g Harmony....
(02-20-2012, 03:59 PM)lexibunny Wrote: Sobeit, are you using the mini leds to do a day full of clients? I would love to have leds on both sides of my table like I have my CND lamps ,but don't want to compromise the results by using a lamp that may not hold up to all day curing...I respect your opinions and info very much ,any input would be great ,as I have been looking into purchasing the 18g Harmony....
Oops ,think I may have posted this under the wrong thread.

Right now I have only been using the mini on myself, family and friends. For me it would work at the salon because I use it maybe 10X a week. I'm a part time tech. It says it has 50,000 hours of working time packed into that little guy. For me that's forever at a few min a week. Its very very very small though. Its 4 fingers and shaped like a little half circle dome. I mean small. I don't know how it would hold up to all day use. But if you think about the size, your moving such a small item, vs a big bulky lamp, it may be just fine. Your only going to use it for like 6 min each client for both hands including thumbs, total time. If you have 8 clients in a row your using this little unit less than an hour a day.
I hope we hear from someone using it all day. I plan on buying a larger full size LED from a trusted friend so I will be able to switch to all led sopg and even faster times.

(02-20-2012, 02:36 PM)sobeit Wrote:

Suesation. I like polish pro, and the new formula is much much nicer. I just want to use their gelpro and switch to LED. Polish Pro is UV. I am moving on up to a faster cure service. Since buying the mini pro harmony unit from Sallys I dont want to go back to 2-3 min uv cure per coat of dark. If your interested in Polish Pro let me know I may be able to help you out for a good price. I have so many colors and, all the accessories ( sparkles )

Oh soooo glad I asked u about PPro. I did not know it was only UV cured.
I use LED so I don't think I want to invest in UV products as I am trying to eliminate them.....ohhh ~le sigh~
I'm telling u once u go LED u just have a hard time going back to UV lights..I have like 3 UV lamps too..LOL
I think I'm keeping my Gelish mini..it's good for travel & just so cute..LOL

How is your Gelish holding up/removal with the OPI base/top?
I do love my Gelish but removal (not wear) is just so inconsistent.
b/c if that is working I will just mix OPI base/topcoat with my Gelsih colors...that way I affordably & slowly add the OPI colors as a I run out of Gelish

And or keep using Gelsih colors.
Thanks Peggy
(02-20-2012, 08:29 PM)suestation Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 02:36 PM)sobeit Wrote:

Oh soooo glad I asked u about PPro. I did not know it was only UV cured.
I use LED so I don't think I want to invest in UV products as I am trying to eliminate them.....ohhh ~le sigh~
I'm telling u once u go LED u just have a hard time going back to UV lights..I have like 3 UV lamps too..LOL
I think I'm keeping my Gelish mini..it's good for travel & just so cute..LOL

How is your Gelish holding up/removal with the OPI base/top?
I do love my Gelish but removal (not wear) is just so inconsistent.
b/c if that is working I will just mix OPI base/topcoat with my Gelsih colors...that way I affordably & slowly add the OPI colors as a I run out of Gelish

And or keep using Gelsih colors.
Thanks Peggy

So far my clients have had it on for one full week. I texted a few of them to ask how its wearing, and they said its great so far. one is wearing polish pro phantom ranch, one is wearing Gelish simply sheer, and the 3rd is wearing Gelish Exhale, all opi top and base coat.
Thanks Peggy..
Have u soaked the Gelish off the OPI base yet?
if it works out would you mind sharing your technique with me of how u apply OPI & Gelish together?
here's my email JIC u don't want to share here
[email protected]

please keep me posted (no punt LOL)
Big Grin

(02-20-2012, 10:13 PM)suestation Wrote: Thanks Peggy..
Have u soaked the Gelish off the OPI base yet?
if it works out would you mind sharing your technique with me of how u apply OPI & Gelish together?
here's my email JIC u don't want to share here
[email protected]

please keep me posted (no punt LOL)
Big Grin

I sure will. It wont be until Next Monday though. I will email ya.

(02-21-2012, 12:09 AM)sobeit Wrote: I sure will. It wont be until Next Monday though. I will email ya.

N/P & no rush
I appreciate your input & help.

Here's a link for some nail art...I thought of u actually b/c they had all the cool dark gel art..
I might go play tomorrow with some of these if I have time Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHlbQ77h2zk

(02-21-2012, 02:59 AM)suestation Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 12:09 AM)sobeit Wrote: I sure will. It wont be until Next Monday though. I will email ya.

N/P & no rush
I appreciate your input & help.

Here's a link for some nail art...I thought of u actually b/c they had all the cool dark gel art..
I might go play tomorrow with some of these if I have time Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHlbQ77h2zk

Thank you for that link. I cant wait to see.

I'd love to know how this end up soaking off! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,349
11-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Last Postjessicam981
Replies: 2
Views: 3,352