You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plz Help w/ salon name
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been very busy with getting ready for state boards which I passed yeah.

Now I need help in coming up with a salon name, so far I have:
The Nail Studio
Prestige Nail Studio

I am stumped and I need to come up with a name by monday , when I want to mail the app to change ownership and name of the salon.

I would appreciated your suggestions.

Thanks and have a great day,
Isabel
When you think of a salon name consider...
who your focus clients are
what kind of area are you in (small town or big city)
price point are you looking at
do you specialize in anything-(what is your niche?)
what image are you looking for

Go back to your business plan and see what would be most appealing to the people you want to service.

Example...

(my business) Malea's Mobile Manicure-(tag line) Professional nail services at your door -- I am trying to let people know it is my name and I stand behind it, I am professional/licensed and I will come to you.

or something like

Thumbtack Nail Salon-I see as being creative and fun. I would guess is a fun creative place where you would go for young hip nails with lots of art.

Blush
Well, hand out, lets nail it, nail-tastic (that one i almost did), thumbs up, nail lady, perfert 10, the free edge salon, the matrix, Lanula, this little piggy or finger, hope this helped.
Good luck, just got done my practical . Waiting for school to spell my name right so i can take written. Any advise?
Email: [email protected]
Hope you are blessed with a full book!
Lisa
(02-01-2012, 01:36 PM)Nail Addict Wrote: Blush
Well, hand out, lets nail it, nail-tastic (that one i almost did), thumbs up, nail lady, perfert 10, the free edge salon, the matrix, Lanula, this little piggy or finger, hope this helped.
Good luck, just got done my practical . Waiting for school to spell my name right so i can take written. Any advise?
Email: [email protected]
Hope you are blessed with a full book!
Lisa

I like those suggestions
You've got Nail, Creative Claws, Terrific Tips, Princess Nails.

I went with Fairytale Nails because I wanted people to know I do nail art and such. I actually have my name in the title too.
Brenda
Electrologist 30
Nail tech 3 years
Fairytale Nails (Bring on the bling)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Loc...1768602978
can you include your town/area in the title....? Like:
Nail Studio at Clearview
Clearview's Premier Nail Studio
(just made up a city)

Just a quick thought late at night. Good Luck... tell us what you picked.
-Ter
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
I too am needing help with a business name. When living in Indiana I named it "Indy-Pendent" Nail Services which I loved that name. Now I am living in St. Augustine Fl. Which is dubbed "The Ancient City"...."The Old City"....."City of Lights". Humorously friends have suggested I name it "Senior Tips"....uh, nah.
I am gearing towards being a mobile service, being I want to stay independent and I am not working in a salon and mostly to service seniors or those that would prefer at home service.
A little about me. I am passionate about sanitation, quality service, professionalism as well as building friendships with clients. I am also a nail tech that specializes in natural nails. NO ACRYLICS. For physical and medical reason. I do Shellac. And I also do pedicures as well. Any suggestions on business names?
(02-01-2012, 10:48 AM)AmazingNails Wrote: Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been very busy with getting ready for state boards which I passed yeah.

Now I need help in coming up with a salon name, so far I have:
The Nail Studio
Prestige Nail Studio

I am stumped and I need to come up with a name by monday , when I want to mail the app to change ownership and name of the salon.

I would appreciated your suggestions.

Thanks and have a great day,
Isabel

Why not use your BT user name as your business name?

Anna
When I was choosing a name, I took a few things into consideration, first I wanted a name that alphebetically would be at the top of the list, so when advertising it shows up as one of the first places. Second I wanted a short but sweet name, something that when someone uses just one word in your title people know what they are talking about. Now when I named my place I was in business with a massage therapist and esthetician so we needed it to be a spa name. We wanted an earthy name so I came up with Bamboo Spa. I have since split from my partner so I could expand the nails since my business was building so well and decided to keep the name the same since I had built a reputation up with it. I like something that is a little more cutting edge and not cheesy, like just doing, Absolute Nails Studio, All About Nails Studio. I love the idea of using studio instead of salon. Trendz Nail Spa would be kinda cool too, not at the beginning of the alphabet, but would describe a cutting edge kinda place. I don't know just some things to think about.
Gina, nail tech. NC
I am all into vintage things- pin-ups, art deco...so my business name is Puttin' On The Glitz and my tag is "You ain't got a thing if you ain't got the bling!
Names I would suggest: Nail Conncepts, Nails At______ with the name of your location or salon..like Nails At Iris Place. Think about the image you want to project and go from there. Good luck!
Always be kind....you get farther.
(02-02-2012, 11:31 AM)carneyplc Wrote: I too am needing help with a business name. When living in Indiana I named it "Indy-Pendent" Nail Services which I loved that name. Now I am living in St. Augustine Fl. Which is dubbed "The Ancient City"...."The Old City"....."City of Lights". Humorously friends have suggested I name it "Senior Tips"....uh, nah.
I am gearing towards being a mobile service, being I want to stay independent and I am not working in a salon and mostly to service seniors or those that would prefer at home service.
A little about me. I am passionate about sanitation, quality service, professionalism as well as building friendships with clients. I am also a nail tech that specializes in natural nails. NO ACRYLICS. For physical and medical reason. I do Shellac. And I also do pedicures as well. Any suggestions on business names?

Relic Nail Salon, Covenant Nails would be good because it implies an agreement or pact. In your case it would be a promise to provide safe, clean, quality services. I also like it because the arc of the covenant was also mobile, traveling to inspire people to believe in something greater. Ye Olde Nail Salon (haaaaaa).
Hey Ladies,

Thank you so much for all your help.

I am leaning towards: "Diva Nails Salon" but now I am considering: "All About Nails Salon" and Amazing Nails Salon"

Hard decision.

Thanks again.
(02-04-2012, 03:52 PM)LizzieEllis Wrote:
(02-02-2012, 11:31 AM)carneyplc Wrote: I too am needing help with a business name. When living in Indiana I named it "Indy-Pendent" Nail Services which I loved that name. Now I am living in St. Augustine Fl. Which is dubbed "The Ancient City"...."The Old City"....."City of Lights". Humorously friends have suggested I name it "Senior Tips"....uh, nah.

Relic Nail Salon, Covenant Nails would be good because it implies an agreement or pact. In your case it would be a promise to provide safe, clean, quality services. I also like it because the arc of the covenant was also mobile, traveling to inspire people to believe in something greater. Ye Olde Nail Salon (haaaaaa).

I looove "Covenant" and the way that you drew that parallel to the arc!
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!