You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPI Gelcolor base coat issue
I purchased the OPI gel color base coat, top coat & "Waitress" from my local Salon Centric. When I got back to the salon to use them, the base coat bottle was nearly impossible to open. When I finally did get it open, the product inside was lumpy, coagulated little balls of funky junk! I called Salon Centric and talked to the asst mgr. She went through the rest of them on the shelf and they were ALL like that! It must be a batch issue???

Salon Centric is going to replace it for me when a new order comes in, but in the mean time I can't use OPI gelcolor since the base coat is essential to the whole service.

OPI Needs to know about this issue ......... how do I report it?
~ Florida ~
Nail Tech's Prayer "God, grant me the serenity to accept the nail beds I cannot change, courage to sculpt the thinnest gels I can, and wisdom to know a fungus." ~ Holly Hall @ http://www.sweetheartville.com
(01-29-2012, 04:24 PM)Miss V Wrote: I purchased the OPI gel color base coat, top coat & "Waitress" from my local Salon Centric. When I got back to the salon to use them, the base coat bottle was nearly impossible to open. When I finally did get it open, the product inside was lumpy, coagulated little balls of funky junk! I called Salon Centric and talked to the asst mgr. She went through the rest of them on the shelf and they were ALL like that! It must be a batch issue???

Salon Centric is going to replace it for me when a new order comes in, but in the mean time I can't use OPI gelcolor since the base coat is essential to the whole service.

OPI Needs to know about this issue ......... how do I report it?

I am sure the store will be sending them back. You can use Shellac base coat in the mean time. Yes it works but not with the OPI light. the UV output is not strong enough. Do you not have a Cosmo Prof in your area?
This sucks I am sorry. Time to switch to Shellac!!!! Wink

"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
I have used Gelish basecoat and it works just fine. It sounds like you don't like to mix products, but it works!
That's really too bad about the basecoat though. I just got some too. Maybe I better check mine!
I just got the base coat, top coat and Lincoln Park After Dark. Thankfully all mine were fine. I'll definitely open and check any other bottles I pick up from CosmoProf. I put this on myself today. So far so good. I cured in my LE lamp.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,542
01-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Postbevlnt
Replies: 21
Views: 16,329
05-16-2016, 11:19 PM