You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone use young nails products??i have
I have recently started using young nails products. I can't decide whether I like them or not :/
They seem harder to file after an acrylic nail is made. When I use a file bit with my electric file it seems like I'm going through more than I should.

Also, I. Looked up in their about us section and it only talks about how much they care about education, which that's great, but I like to know a little more about compamys and where they come from......

I just wanted some opinions on their products if anyone here uses them Smile
I use YN products and I love them. The mentors are always available to help you and the office are too. The education is awesome. If you call YN directly they can point you in the direction of a mentor who can help you tweak some things if you're having application issues.

When you say it's hard to file do you mean you're taking too much off or you're having a problem filing the nail into shape?
Martine M.
SUNFLOWER
(01-18-2012, 11:16 AM)Sunflower402 Wrote: I use YN products and I love them. The mentors are always available to help you and the office are too. The education is awesome. If you call YN directly they can point you in the direction of a mentor who can help you tweak some things if you're having application issues.

When you say it's hard to file do you mean you're taking too much off or you're having a problem filing the nail into shape?

It seems like its harder to file it into shape than the last product I was using (opi). I've removed them and then soak off beautifully, but it just seems like a different texture. I'm actually attending a class this Sunday so ill ask her Smile

Do you usually work a little wetter?

Do you do tips or sculpts?
I use tips and I sculpt. I don't work wetter. More of a medium consistency. I dip my brush in the dappen dish and tap it twice and then get my bead and if the bead is still too wet I will bleed the excess liquid on a lint free absorbent towel and go from there.

I used to work with OPI and then I switched to YN. Definitely a difference in the consistency, but once you get the consistency down you should be good. It takes some time.
Martine M.
SUNFLOWER
(01-18-2012, 03:11 PM)Sunflower402 Wrote: I use tips and I sculpt. I don't work wetter. More of a medium consistency. I dip my brush in the dappen dish and tap it twice and then get my bead and if the bead is still too wet I will bleed the excess liquid on a lint free absorbent towel and go from there.

I used to work with OPI and then I switched to YN. Definitely a difference in the consistency, but once you get the consistency down you should be good. It takes some time.

Which opi line did you use? I was using competition 3000, and sometimes I have to use clarite :/
(01-18-2012, 03:29 PM)moushax37 Wrote:
(01-18-2012, 03:11 PM)Sunflower402 Wrote: I use tips and I sculpt. I don't work wetter. More of a medium consistency. I dip my brush in the dappen dish and tap it twice and then get my bead and if the bead is still too wet I will bleed the excess liquid on a lint free absorbent towel and go from there.

Which opi line did you use? I was using competition 3000, and sometimes I have to use clarite :/

mousnax37 : why you switch? .. which one you think you like beter? I am looking for different opaque Pink , tammy P3 Pink is lifting too bad.
You will just love their class!! Are you taking it at the training center or with a mentor? I've taken several classes with them and they were worth every cent!! I also love their products. As Martine said, give them a call directly if you are still having issues. Everyone there is very helpful!
I probably shouldn't have bought the professional kkit, just the trial but i. Just love the color options they offer. Opi doesn't offer these. Plu, young nails claimed to be low odor.... which isn't the case.
So far I'm getting used to it though. I can't seem to get the ratio right. Its very different.
I am just doing a class with the local distributor and educator in colorado. Id love to go to a class with greg but that's not in the budget right now.
I, too have been using YN and am not satisfied with my work - gel or acrylic. I have taken a few classes and I do practice, but for some reason it is still not clicking for me. I know I don't have a lot of confidence in myself but I am working on that. I will call YN and talk with them. I love this forum and all the help everyone gives. This is my second career. I hope you can teach an old dog new tricks! Thanks!
I have had a very difficult time with their customer service when it comes to ordering. They had my account so messed up...under two different names (salon and personal). I sent an order back and never got credited, and when I got that straight, they wouldn't let me use the credit on the order I was placing? Thus I have to order more product to get my credit....anyway...I don't like dealing with the company, but I do think their products are great. Only gel I've tried that doesn't heat spike.
When it came to YN I had to practice because you don't want it too wet or too dry. What kind of brush are you using and also are you bleeding any of the excess liquid from your brush? Are you using the speed or core powders?

I don't buy my product direct from YN, but I get my product from an authorized YN distributor and love her to pieces.

When it comes to liquid to powder ratio YN really doesn't have one. If a bead is too wet I bleed the excess out and I use their brush as well. Don't give up on this product. YN products pretty much saved my business because I was seriously about to quit. If you have any questions you can contact me [email protected] I'm not a mentor but I may be able to help you find one. I literally drove 2 hours every other month when I lived in NC to see a mentor and she was the best.
Martine M.
SUNFLOWER
Where can I purchase the YN in the US?
(09-30-2012, 08:43 PM)tammy20 Wrote: Where can I purchase the YN in the US?

Are you licensed? If so, just go to their website at www dot youngnails dot com and register.
Anna
Hi All:
We sell Young Nails products at Blondies in Florida. They are wonderful products and YN has a great selection of products. If you have any questions, just call and speak with Kafi and she'll be happy to guide you in the right direction or help you with any technical issues or problems. She knows YN products very well....
You can call us directly at 800-256-6397
Happy Filing...
We don't sell products, we educate them!
Paula aka Blondies
Previously used Tammy Taylor acrylics (for DECADES). Decided to try YN about 6 months ago and fell in love. Bit of a learning curve at first but once it clicks - fantastic. With proper prep have had no lifting or bonding issues. Had 2 clients in last 2 months that missed regular appointment due to death in family and were unable to make it in for fill until their regular appointment 4 weeks later - zero lifting amazing.

Did not notice any difference in filing. If you have noticed it is more difficult to file, just work on application technique. I rarely need to file much at all as long as application is properly done. Remember "file" with your brush and you wont have to do much filing to do later. Be sure to pick the correct formula (they have core powder (slower set) and speed powder (faster set.) I use the speed set, but I have been doing nails since 1991 so if you are relatively new be sure to chose the slower formula till you are comfortable with the product.

I highly recommend the Finish Gel polish on top coat. Virtually eliminates the fine buffing and provides glossy finish. I am a tad OCD and still to finish buff then apply the gel. Several clients like the coating beauase it allows them to change their own polish colors without having to deal with stained acrylic. I also apply the Finish Gel under the free edge and have found that it helps with preventing staining and separation of the natural nail from the acrylic as the natural nails becomes brittle over time.

Be sure to try their imagination glitter - AWESOME. Have used it with Shellac for months now.
Nailtoepia ... because you ARE worth it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,087
05-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Last Posttishgibson
Replies: 0
Views: 1,573
01-30-2015, 09:44 AM