You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day        Orlando SocialOrlando Network Social
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SOG Not staying on anymore
07-28-2011, 10:53 AM
 (Print Post)
SOG Not staying on anymore
I have about 10 clients who wear Gel polish full time. I use Eco, Polish Pro, Shellac and Gelish. All with eco or Polish pro base and top coat. They were all doing very well for the past year, now the polish is not holding up more than 7 days. Before it was 14-21. My lamp is a 36 watt full hand rapid cure by P.N.I bought from my beloved premiernailsource. This lamp is about 5 months old, using it 3- 5 times a week at the 8 min cure per client ( base, 2 color, top) do I need to change bulbs already? I assumed the life was 6 months based on heavier use than I am currently putting into my bulbs.
If I have to get new bulbs, its best to stay with the rapid cure bulbs that go with my light vs phillips as I don't know if these are metal hook ins ( not sure if that is the right word .
If its not the bulbs, does our SOG have a shelf life. Since I dont have but the hand full of clients using per month it takes me longer to go through a bottle of it. I thought it was my base coat so I tried gelish base, they came right off, got a new polish pro base and they stay that 10 days but start to peel up at the free edge. Some may chip some, but to me thats normal wear, the peeling up is not. The light colors do much better than the dark so I upped cure time another 60 sec for the harder to penetrate colors. It didnt help.
I put shellac on myself last night to see how the wear is for me, maybe if I see what they are talking about I will have a better idea.
PS This wear issue is on most but not all, thats why I am confused. My prep is even better than a year ago, after watching fingernailfixers cuticle work. I am much more diligent. :cry:
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
 (Print Post)

I'd bet my manicurist license that the problem is your bulbs. Change them out and I bet your clients are back to their 2 to 3 weeks with no chips. Smile I usually change out my bulbs at 3-4 months (although I haven't with my CND lamp.) I use it every day for at least a gel top coat on my clients, if not full gels or sogs.

Elyse in WA
http://www.elysiumnailstudio.com
The Nail Princess is in.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
 (Print Post)

After reading my post, I agree, it has to be the bulbs. I just thought I wasn't using them enough daily to wear them out already. Like I said I use it less than an hour a week. Lamp on that is. So 4 hours a months at 5 months is 20 hours of use. Shouldn't it be much more that that? Anyone know about rapid cure bulbs? Just wondering if they are super cheap and only last that 20 hours of use. How do I figure out if phillips bulbs would even work in my lamp. I often find a new lamp is cheaper than replacement bulbs. LOL
07-28-2011, 07:56 PM
 (Print Post)

Hi Sobeit!

Will you email me a number I can reach you on? Events@nailharmony.com

I know I can 100% get u perfection with your GELISH base and top, but I find it way easier to communicate via phone to help really figure it out.

I also do agree on the bulbs, change them.

I hope to hear from you. Just let me know the best time to call.

Suzanne
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
 (Print Post)

Suzanne that is so sweet. I will email but I don't want to waste your time since I use polish pro as my base and top coat and took the Gelish base back. If you can help me I am more than happy to go get a bottle from Sally's so I don't get the big one again. ( sorry girls, yes Sally's, I found it to be very helpful to me and my clients )
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
 (Print Post)

I can help, I know this for sure, GELISH 100% does what it says it does. (I am not being sales here, it's just the truth)

I have spent a ton of time on coference calls going step by step until perfected.

I am only interested in helping perfect this for you......any of you ladies.

I am more than happy to help, that's what I am here for. Smile

So if you would like to give it a whirl, reach out to me, if I knew how to upload pics here I'd show u my 3 week mani that must be redone for cosmoprof on Monday, lol..... ( that's why I have no profile pic, lol, can't figure out pics here, fb, or anywhere else seems to be a no brainer...lol....)

They are grown out 0 chips, shiney and look perfect, well except they are grown out. I have been wearing GELISH for over 2 years straight, never a break, no white spots, no damage, no nothing. application is key, and their are a few tricks to it.

This is my job and passion, so please let me help any of you that I can.

Sobeit, I'd love to chit chat. Smile

Suzanne
07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
 (Print Post)

I will send an email out as soon as I can then. Lets find time to chat.
07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
 (Print Post)

I look forward to it! Smile
07-28-2011, 09:57 PM
 (Print Post)

Got your email, sent you one back, can't wait for our nail chit chat! Smile

Suzanne
07-30-2011, 12:20 AM
 (Print Post)

Hey Peggy,

Thanks for taking the time to spend some time with me today! Smile

I hope it proves useful to you.

Great conversation, nails, and just great conversation.

Let me know if I can help you out in anyway, have a great weekend.

Suzanne
07-30-2011, 12:24 AM
 (Print Post)

I agree, it was really great. I am going to put some on my daughter tomorrow and maybe some art with it. She is not to keen on wearing sweet chocolate or another 2 weeks. Ha. So it looks like I will have to go back and get a different color. The vampire one looks good or a really electric purple one and of course the name has left me. Thank you so much Big Grin
07-30-2011, 12:30 AM
 (Print Post)

Bell as vampire is the number one best selling color.... And if you really want to make it look cool, do 2 coats of Bellas with one coat of good gossip (red sparkly one) over the top, it's a delish combo, it's absolute amazing! Smile

Let me know darlin! Smile

Suzanne
07-30-2011, 07:29 PM
 (Print Post)
SOG not staying on anymore.
I had the same problem. Then I started using Protein Bonder from Young Nails and now no more problems! I swipe it around cuticle and free edge area then apply my base and cure. Works like a charm. Btw, I didn't like Gelish base and top. Use them rarely. :-
Find all posts by this user
07-30-2011, 08:57 PM
 (Print Post)

Maybe you can talk with Suzanne as well and trouble shoot. If the foundation doesnt agree with my techniques I will continue to use the Polish Pro base with Gelish colors. And the rest of the lines I use. I will try my primers. I have NSI bonder that is acid free and a little sticky. I cant keep ordering single items like Linkage as nice as it is. :cry:
08-01-2011, 08:44 PM
 (Print Post)

Suzanne,

I am interested in Gelish, what do you use to remove shine with this product and I have a 36 watt uv lamp from Premiere Nail Source, will this work?

TIA

aj
10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
 (Print Post)

bumping this up!

aj
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
 (Print Post)

Of course I'm not Suzanne but I did have a great talk with her a while back. Your current 36 watt will work fine and to remove shine I personally use 70% cleansing alcohol from Sallys but most prefer 90% or higher. There are also products that come with each line to remove the dispersion layer. The 70% from Sallys smells like cherries and leaves a very high shine behind. I spray it on all 5 nails with it and then wipe them off.
04-15-2013, 06:35 AM
 (Print Post)
RE:
(07-28-2011 08:45 PM)Suzanne Wrote:  I can help, I know this for sure, GELISH 100% does what it says it does. (I am not being sales here, it's just the truth)

I have spent a ton of time on coference calls going step by step until perfected.

I am only interested in helping perfect this for you......any of you ladies.

I am more than happy to help, that's what I am here for. Smile

So if you would like to give it a whirl, reach out to me, if I knew how to upload pics here I'd show u my 3 week mani that must be redone for cosmoprof on Monday, lol..... ( that's why I have no profile pic, lol, can't figure out pics here, fb, or anywhere else seems to be a no brainer...lol....)

They are grown out 0 chips, shiney and look perfect, well except they are grown out. I have been wearing GELISH for over 2 years straight, never a break, no white spots, no damage, no nothing. application is key, and their are a few tricks to it.

This is my job and passion, so please let me help any of you that I can.

Sobeit, I'd love to chit chat. Smile

Suzanne

I would love a step by step, I am not having issues really but would like to see your little tricks you have up your sleeve!
04-15-2013, 08:58 AM
 (Print Post)
RE: SOG Not staying on anymore
Hi Suzanne!

I'm having some issues as well and would love you get some tips and tricks. I absolutely love Gelish so any advice you can offer to help with peeling would be great! I'll shoot you an email if that's okay.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Orlando - where is everyone staying?? Rose 7 384 02-13-2014 11:09 PM
Last Post: BeautyTech.com
  Opi, Reluctant to buy anymore... lexibunny 13 1,673 08-16-2013 09:16 PM
Last Post: lexibunny