BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Tammy Taylor Miracle Manicure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well since it is NOT technically a SOG would that mean it is a bit stronger & would lasts longer then the SOG bases? I do like that u don't need to buff the natural nail b/f initial application..this appealed to me fer sure.
I use Structure on clients with damaged or weak nails (my clients who chip under 21 days) but sometimes even with the Gelish Structure the nails will chip a bit on clients who are super hard on their nails..especially the ones who like to play with the edges or have soft /damaged nails.

Another question I had is since u have to cap the free edge with initial TT Basecoat application would u have to reapply & cap at every single service OR can u just let the TT basecoat grow out & just reapply with clear polish & then your regular polish or SOG?
Now if TT Base would have better durability than the Structure or any of the SOG's & would defiantly NOT chip AND I would NOT have to reapply this Basecoat at every service then I would buy it b/c u don't need to buff the natural nail, adds super strength & better durability & I can use my regular polishes again..or use it for those client who need a lil SOG break.
BUT if TT Basecoat it wears the same as a SOG base, u need to buff & reapply TT at every service than I don't think I would waste my money. I mean even if it wore amazing & u need to reapply a thin coat of TT base so u can recap IMO over time that would eventually create a thick looking nail which would become top heavy over time. And b/c u have to buff it off & reapply...well that kinda defeats the whole reason for me even buying it b/c I am trying to eliminate this step so I might as well use Shellac.

Also I don't think Gelish Foundation would give it the same effect applied thick..the brush is too hard & it goes on a bit grainy..but I have Gelify base which would I think would tho b/c it is smooth & shiny

BTW
Anyone know if u can use Gelish Structure without using Foundation & Top it off? I takes extra time for me to do this SOG so if I can eliminate those steps that would be great!

sobeit

Well since someone got an email that said it has to be buffed off then it's obviously not a soak off anything and instead is Hard Gel in a polish bottle which is still not new and has actually been around forever. It would need to be filled or filed off compromising the natural nail each time? If a client needs strength that a g/p can't give, then it's not for them and TT's miracle manicure or better known as gel in a bottle, would work as well as every other gel or acrylic natural nail overlay to hive strength.
I prefer using a soak off gel polish for flexablity in giving more strength to the nail as it won't snap like gel or acrylic if bent.
From what hard gels I have used u always need to buff the natural nail...with the TT base u don't have to which is why it appealed to me fer sure.
plus the fact that it is in the bottle I liked & also that it is LED
myself since I am such a SOG addict & have damaged my natural nails with all the experiments I have done daily I am wondering since now i am nursing my poor natural nails back to health if this would work for me & not peel off esp. when I am working or other clients that I swear cannot wear the SOG's b/c it chips or peels.

Ohhhh I just need to stop buying stuff..I just bought 18 new Gelish colors!

Confusedhock:
I don't understand how this can bond properly to the nail without some prep/ buffing.
For as long as ive been doing nails, ANYTHING applied to bond on the nail, even a basic glue/resin requires SOME prep/buffing...or its gonna lift.
Advancements in technology. If CND can make Shellac as durable as it is without buffing, it's only a matter of time before there are no-buff "acrylic" and more durable than gel-polish "soak off gel" replacements! Could you imagine an "acrylic" (in quotes because it probably wouldn't be the same composition at all) that would not require buffing prior to application and would soak off in ten minutes? Wishful thinking :roll: . Back to the topic...

Hard gel that doesn't require buffing is a baby step Smile.
@ sue station - In reference to using Gelish Structure with no Foundation/Top - I dont think that would work. Have you tried using Foundation - Structure - Top and then remove tacky layer and apply regular polish? I know this would take alot of time - but you could maybe get by with doing all the steps every other appt just changing the color in between? Has anyone tried this yet? Sounds like it might give a similar outcome to TT's new product.
I like this concept by TT - it sure would get all those "regular" nail polishes a chance to get used again!!!
Quote:Hard gel that doesn't require buffing is a baby step .
LOL Trina, I am so set in my ways, Ill probably buff anyways Tongue
I agree that is is great marketing but no different for us long time gel users that have been using this trick for years.
Couple of things I want to touch Smile

The new Miracle Manicure is not a hard gel in a polish bottle. It is not like anything you have used before. It is very thin. It does not soak off. Tammy does not really like soaking too much in acetone as it is very drying to the natural nail. It can be cured with either a led or uv light. One of the great things with it is because it is so thin you can either buff it off or lightly buff it and apply a new coat.

The new Top Gel Plus....is the first gel sealer that has a uv in it. It is already out and ready for purchase.

The Miracle Manicure is being bottled up and you should be looking for an email within the next 2 weeks. 8)
How much extra would you charge for this add-on service then?
Me personally....I would charge the same for it as the soak off gels. For the simple fact of the wear time.

sobeit

baltimoregirlz :
> Couple of things I want to touch Smile
>
> The new Miracle Manicure is not a hard gel in a polish bottle. It is not like
> anything you have used before. It is very thin. It does not soak off. Tammy
> does not really like soaking too much in acetone as it is very drying to the
> natural nail. It can be cured with either a led or uv light. One of the great
> things with it is because it is so thin you can either buff it off or lightly
> buff it and apply a new coat.
>
> The new Top Gel Plus....is the first gel sealer that has a uv in it. It is
> already out and ready for purchase.
>
> The Miracle Manicure is being bottled up and you should be looking for an email
> within the next 2 weeks. 8)

I think it doesn't matter if this is a hard gel in a polish bottle, a soak off gel, an acrylic product, a plastic, or a new never before seen whatever. It's still an enhancement used to keep nails nice and polish on. This is not a new concept at all, polish stays on when applied over whatever we cap the nail with. New stuff is always fun but this to me is just a new product doing the same thing as the rest of them. My opinion... I'm just saying. And not arguing wether or not it's fantastic and should be used or not.
sobeit :
> I think it doesn't matter if this is a hard gel in a polish bottle, a soak
> off gel, an acrylic product, a plastic, or a new never before seen whatever.
> It's still an enhancement used to keep nails nice and polish on. This is not
> a new concept at all, polish stays on when applied over whatever we cap the
> nail with. New stuff is always fun but this to me is just a new product doing
> the same thing as the rest of them. My opinion... I'm just saying. And not
> arguing wether or not it's fantastic and should be used or not.

Well I guess no one will know exactly what it is till it comes out.
Quote:Well I guess no one will know exactly what it is till it comes out.

baltimoregirlz~ Well, I have to admit I am excited. Ive already been telling manicure clients about it. I like the idea a lot...I am in love with TT's acrylic so hoping this product is just as great. Big Grin

sobeit

Quote:baltimoregirlz :
> Couple of things I want to touch
>
> The new Miracle Manicure is not a hard gel in a polish bottle. It is not like
> anything you have used before.
baltimoregirlz :
> Well I guess no one will know exactly what it is till it comes out.
I guess I am wondering then, if its not gel, and its nothing like we have on the market, yet we don't know what it is, then how do we know its not a gel or like TEN? I am curious as to what it is that is going to change the way we manicure, in a way that clear gel polish has not done for us yet. Keeping my eyes and ears open.
Lunacita :
> baltimoregirlz~ Well, I have to admit I am excited. Ive already been telling
> manicure clients about it. I like the idea a lot...I am in love with TT's acrylic
> so hoping this product is just as great. Big Grin

I have the new top gel plus and I love it...I can't wait to get the miracle manicure. I talked to Tammy for about 2 hours the other day and I am dying here. She is waiting on the bottles to put it in and then we will have it. The girls at Nails Mag love it! I can tell you she has been working on it for quite some time.

Quote:I guess I am wondering then, if its not gel, and its nothing like we have on the market, yet we don't know what it is, then how do we know its not a gel or like TEN? I am curious as to what it is that is going to change the way we manicure, in a way that clear gel polish has not done for us yet. Keeping my eyes and ears open.

All I can tell you is that it is not a hard gel in a bottle. That is coming from Tammy, not me. She told me personally that it is nothing like what we have on the market and that you all are going to love it. Like I said, we will know as soon as it is out. Tammy has never lead me to not trust her Smile
I've been meaning to post this for awhile but just didn't have the time. Erick at Gelousy has had something like the Miracle Manicure for a long time.

The 1 Step Gel only requires you to remove the cuticle (as with a manicure) and do a light buffing on the natural nail. You can mix it with your polish or you can put it on the nail as an enhancment, then polish. When I've used it with polish, the polish lasts a long time, as long as it would if you put polish over regular acrylic or gel.

You can remove it with acetone, too. If you do a very light filing across the top, like with the gel/polishes, it soaks off a little faster. I actually fill it a few times, then soak it off.

The TT product is probably good but it's certainly not a new idea.
In the latest email from TT (last night), and according to the video, polish is removed just like polish applied to natural nails-no soaking, yet the Magic Manicure (base coat) stays shiney and ready for the next polish application. Therefore faster than the follow up visits for gel polish wearers, but the wearer gets as much or more wear.

:::I think that's how I understood it. :::

So again, its seems one could apply hard/soft gel, regular polish, top coat; next visit remove polish, leave behind the gel (shine and all) then re-polish.

My head is beginning to spin.
I just ordered it tonight, cannot wait until it gets here! I just love innovative products, and Tammy is the queen of creating new stuff! :mrgreen:
naildoctor :
> I just ordered it tonight, cannot wait until it gets here! I just love innovative
> products, and Tammy is the queen of creating new stuff! :mrgreen:

And that she is Brook....I can not wait to get mine. It will be here when I get back from vacation Smile
They had a decent special on polish so I ordered a bunch & the MM
anyone try it yet?

looking forward to my package tomorrow!
I got mine yesterday and I am trying it on someone today. will have to let yall know. Smile
I cant wait to hear the feedback from those of you that have the MM...
I missed the free ship cutoff and decided to wait to order...meanwhile yesterday I used what I already had. After her manicure, I applied a gelpolish basecoat in the same technique as MM was applied...my client is fullly aware that this is experimental!
So far so good..easy to apply
TT polishes are also very nice pretty colors & apply nice.
I am not to fond of the smell of the topcoat tho..reminds me of a bit of a skunk smell..both myself & my client thought so..
I tried to buff it off u need to be very careful & it is hard to tell if it is completely off or not..but if it lasts well without chipping then I would just buff lightly & re-apply when it grows out so I don't have to file the natural nail. but to get it off..I don't see where u are not getting it off without having to file the natural nail at all. So I guess IMO Gelish is pre-buff app & TT is after buff..
just can't escape the buffing period which was what I was trying to avoid..Shellac is the only non buff/file but for me I don't love using it & get better results with Gelish.

no lifting but minor chip on my super thin working thumb
but only b/c I being a bad client & picking at it nonstop. I am gonna try a couple of experiments too with SOG b/c for myself I need a bit of protection for my polish b/c of working.

I like it so far tho & have a couple clients dying to try it who really hate soaking off..as I do lately
anyone have any reviews yet?
So far so good..easy to apply
TT polishes are also very nice pretty colors & apply nice.
I am not to fond of the smell of the topcoat tho..reminds me of a bit of a skunk smell..both myself & my client thought so..
I tried to buff it off u need to be very careful & it is hard to tell if it is completely off or not..but if it lasts well without chipping then I would just buff lightly & re-apply when it grows out so I don't have to file the natural nail. but to get it off..I don't see where u are not getting it off without having to file the natural nail at all. So I guess IMO Gelish is pre-buff app & TT is after buff..
just can't escape the buffing period which was what I was trying to avoid..Shellac is the only non buff/file but for me I don't love using it & get better results with Gelish.

no lifting but minor chip on my super thin working thumb
but only b/c I being a bad client & picking at it nonstop. I am gonna try a couple of experiments too with SOG b/c for myself I need a bit of protection for my polish b/c of working.

I like it so far tho & have a couple clients dying to try it who really hate soaking off..as I do lately
anyone have any reviews yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4