BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: what causes....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pocket lifiting. I use CND and it seams that I have alot of pocket lifting? What is it that I'm doing that causes this?
to be blunt, its most likely becuse you are using cnd.

but then theres always using it too wet or hairline crack. this happens a lot with this product, it happend to me. i switched acrylic lines and pockets went away.

hth
denise
Most likely it's going to be a matter of your liquid to powder ratio being off. Some products work dryer, some work more wet. Sometimes it can be a result of overfiling or not having the correct thickness in each of your zones so that you have a well balance nail that proportionately distributes stress.

If you think it might be that you're ratio is off. Watch a video with a CND tech to see the proper ratio and then practice making balls every night until you get it down. If I remember correctly CND is a medium wet ratio so that when you place it the bead holds form and expands slightly.

But like I said overfiling can be an issue as well so look at how much pressure you're using and make sure you're not using to heavy of a grit. Filing at the end of service should be more of smoothing, as your shape should be formed with your application.
I'm with onyxkeeper. I used CND successfully for 8yrs. Loved it, then major pocket lifting. Couldn't take it anymore. Swiched lines and no more pocket lifting. Still not sure what happened...?
Heather
GetNailed :
> pocket lifiting. I use CND and it seams that I have alot of pocket lifting?
> What is it that I'm doing that causes this?

We just wrote an article all about pocket lifting. This could be helpful: http://www.nsinails.com/nail-lab/science...g-faq.html
Jessie, thanks for sharing that article...I found it quite helpful
(as was the one on Client Consultation)

Best to you,
Kristin
Thank you Jessie
I had pockets on soak off gels today. Never seen it before with this product and it did not start the pocket until week 2 on the client. Was not fun to deal with so we just took them off.

What would cause the pockets in the soak off product ?
Pockets with gels will typically be from stress. Gel, as an oligomer, will bend, and create a pocket rather than crack, or break like an monomer/polymer will do. You can add a little more product to reinforce their stress area if this becomes a reoccurring problem.
jlburkhardt :
> GetNailed :
>> pocket lifiting. I use CND and it seams that I have alot of pocket lifting?
>> What is it that I'm doing that causes this?
>
> We just wrote an article all about pocket lifting. This could be helpful:
> http://www.nsinails.com/nail-lab/science...ifting-faq.

hello, I have been using cnd for a couple of years now, but have wanted to try the attraction liquid and powder...I think I saw on another thread that you sent someone a sample kit, and was wondering of you could do the same for me? My e-mail address os [email protected] you mind letting me know if you can do this for me? I would appreciate it so much...thanks...Kristi Murray
gtnkristi :
> jlburkhardt :
>> GetNailed :
>>> pocket lifiting. I use CND and it seams that I have alot of pocket lifting?
>>> What is it that I'm doing that causes this?
>>
>> We just wrote an article all about pocket lifting. This could be helpful:
>> http://www.nsinails.com/nail-lab/science...ifting-faq.
>
> hello, I have been using cnd for a couple of years now, but have wanted to
> try the attraction liquid and powder...I think I saw on another thread that
> you sent someone a sample kit, and was wondering of you could do the same for
> me? My e-mail address os [email protected] you mind letting me know
> if you can do this for me? I would appreciate it so much...thanks...Kristi
> Murray

I'm having customer service contact you today!
Ms. Burkhardt,

Thankyou so much! For the article, for the wonderful product!

I switched to NSI Attraction a few months ago but, thinking I knew what I was doing, didn't get any instruction. I am such a nitwit! My distributor would have been happy to chat with me but I always seem to be in a hurry. :oops:
The pocket lifting is the only problem I've had with this product, I love everything about it! It is a wonderful L&P !
Beverly L. :
> Ms. Burkhardt,
>
> Thankyou so much! For the article, for the wonderful product!
>
> I switched to NSI Attraction a few months ago but, thinking I knew what I
> was doing, didn't get any instruction. I am such a nitwit! My distributor would
> have been happy to chat with me but I always seem to be in a hurry. :oops:
>
> The pocket lifting is the only problem I've had with this product, I love
> everything about it! It is a wonderful L&P !

Glad to hear it. You can always go back to your distributor for a little education if you want to! It's not a one shot deal Smile
Pocket lifting can come from lots of things, mix ratio being off, improper tip fit, adhesive left behind on the nail plate, improper placement of the arch, nails being too long. I found that switching to the brush that was meant to be with the L&P I used solved a lot of issues I was having when I was new. I would love to watch you do a nail and see what we can discover that way Smile
@Holley,
Could you explain/describe how having the arch mis-placed causes pocket lifting? I'm thinking I get it, 'cause I have ONE client whose thumb gets it often. Most of her nails have a decent C-Curve and natural arch, but this thumb is REALLY flat, and lifts right where the arch 'should' be.
Thanks in advance....