BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Black gel for french application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me what is the best black color gel to use for doing a french application? I have two different black color gel. I like to add pink crushed shells to give it that contrast and shimmer from the shells. I have Christrio and NSI black gel. After I apply the black gel, I swipe the smile line. I apply the black gel over the tacky layer of the clear gel. When I swipe the smile line it looks crisp. But when it cures, it loses the sharp, crisp smile. I don't understand why this happens. It happened with both brand color gels.

Can someone advise my what black gel works best for french?

Thank you.......
The only thing I could think of is maybe that layer of clear gel you put down 1st before the black is preventing your smile to stay crisp. I would try the black with outthe coat of clear gel. Or you can do your clear gel cure and clean, then buff and add then add the black french. I havn't used a black gel yet, so I can't offer any help on that end, sorry.

sobeit

I would do the same thing Julie said. You can use a base french of choice and wipe off the entire dispersion layer so there is no wet feel, then buff a little so your not trying to polish the line on a shiny surface. Or don't buff and just make sure to clean the tacky layer. Or if your french bed color is clear, just do the base coat, dry wipe the entire nail so the nail is tacky but not shiny, and then do your black french in two thin coats, and then use two coats of clear to finish it.
When I use really heavily pigmented colours for a french, I go back and forth between hands to freeze them in the lamp. Do the pinky of one hand, freeze cure, then the pinky of the other hand, freeze cure, etc. It seems to keep the smile line crisper. If you don't already do this, try it next time, it might help Smile
scratchmyback :
> When I use really heavily pigmented colours for a french, I go back and forth
> between hands to freeze them in the lamp. Do the pinky of one hand, freeze
> cure, then the pinky of the other hand, freeze cure, etc. It seems to keep
> the smile line crisper. If you don't already do this, try it next time, it
> might help Smile

Hi Laura
I do freeze cure and then do a final cure. I do this with every french, including the white. So I don't think the freeze cure is keeping the smile line crisp. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
Sobeit I haven't tried removing the dispersion layer. I have cured the clear gel and applying the gel on top of that dispersion layer. I just wasn't sure if it was the black gel or my application.

I use Shellac'd Black Pearl and have had no issues with not getting a crisp smile line. The first coat is transparent but the second looks dark, rich and super shiney.
Don't have to freeze cure it either.
The key to black is thin layers, it might take 3 super thin layers with some brands. I would guess you're applying it to thick and its spreading a bit before it cures. Also, try swiping the smile line with a brush dipped in alcohol instead of a dry brush, that seems to help me. Good luckSmile
Try Nubar Blackest Black gel.One coat and you are done,it has amazing coverage. I love it.
LANA :
> Try Nubar Blackest Black gel.One coat and you are done,it has amazing coverage.
> I love it.

Hi Lana

Where is a distributor for Nubar? I am in Illinois in the Chcago suburbs area. We have CosmoProf, SalonCentric, and Quality Beauty Supply. They all carry the same thing. OPI, China Glaze, CND and some EZ Flow.

Thanks.
You can try directly at http://www.bynubar.com. They will contact you if there is a distributor near you.
Lana
Which Nubar black would it be? Traditional gel, soak off gel or their new gel polish?
Thanks,
Marisol
Nurse nail tech :
> Lana
> Which Nubar black would it be? Traditional gel, soak off gel or their new gel
> polish?
> Thanks,
> Marisol

You will find it under UV gels (infinity nail gel products) second page Big Grin

LANA :
> Try Nubar Blackest Black gel.One coat and you are done,it has amazing coverage.
> I love it.

Wow, that is cool that black can go on in one coat. TY for sharing.