BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: sophie aka LisaV.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm finally here due to some technical difficulties and Debbie's help (Thanks Debbie!)

My name is Lisa, I use the name sophie cause I like it and cause it was the name of my favorite kitty.

I graduated from cosmetology school about 14 years ago, but due to circumstances, did not take my state boards. I worked in retail management for years and hated it. My SIL bought a salon and "demanded" (just kidding) that I come to work for her in some capacity. I saw a way out and jumped at it. At first I just managed the place and she insisted that I either do hair or nails for her. I chose nails (loved them in school, but thought I had to do hair), long story short, she sent me back to school and I got my license in 2002. LOVE NAILS!

I work in a small town right outside of Gainesville FL, and within the first 1 1/2 years, built my business up through word of mouth! Almost fully booked everyday! It can happen!

Anyway, I am happily married to Michael, have 2 girls, Jessica (21) and Kristin (16). A big dog and a tiny cat.

I have learned more on this forum than anywhere else! Thanks to everyone who shares their expertise. I hope to find a CND Master's program soon and to learn gels. I currently use CND retention and love it. Don't do many mani's & pedi's, due to the demand of my acrylics in my area.

Love this board! Glad to meet you all.

Lisa