BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: eco soak off gel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) I bought some Eco Soak Off gel by accident.
2) I need new Gel Polish colors, but I can't afford to buy any.

So, my question is this: Can I mix reg nail polish w/ the soak off gel to create a new gel color? Is any brand of polish better for that?

Thanks for your input. You all are the best brains to pick.

Marie
mas nails :
> 1) I bought some Eco Soak Off gel by accident.
> 2) I need new Gel Polish colors, but I can't afford to buy any.
>
> So, my question is this: Can I mix reg nail polish w/ the soak off gel to create
> a new gel color? Is any brand of polish better for that?
>
> Thanks for your input. You all are the best brains to pick.
>
> Marie

While some techs and some companies will tell you this can be done, we really do not like the idea much. The main reason is we are not chemists and really can not tell for sure what the long or even short term outcome will be. You could be opening up your clients to allergic reactions or worse and we wouldn't want that!

You can absolutely layer or mix (on or off the nail) any eco Soak Off UV Nail Color with another to create endless options from the colors you have in stock. Hopefully Peggy sobeit will jump in here and give you some pointers, I now she has done a lot of mixing with eco.

sobeit

I will jump in. Did you buy just clear Eco soak off or did you buy Eco so quick gel polish in the pot? If its just clear, the reason you shouldn't mix nail polish into the SOGP clear and cure it is because you don't know if you cured all the gel and nail polish needs to evaporate to cure and how can it fully do that if it's trapped in the gel? I have been reamed for saying this to another tech becuase young nails actually says go ahead. But if we think logically, then we can conclude that the polish may leech into the nail plate or surrounding tissue slowly, via being trapped in the gel.
If you have colors of Eco soak quick but you want more I loved to mix right on the nail plate by adding a dab of the colors I want and mixing while I spread the color. Or if you find a color you like and have already mixed you can use an empty pot to make a full jar.
I've had great luck using TEN color powders, pearl x and mac pigments with Eco. There really is an endless amount of colors you can invent!
I used to mix regular polish with Mani-Q (the original one) with good results, but you do have to be VERY careful to make sure it's cured - really, I much prefer using the colored SOG's, the results are far superior and then you don't have to worry about the cure. Did you just get a few colors? If you just need more variety, you might try doing some pre-sale packages to your regular clients to fund the purchase of more. When I opened my new shop I did a "buy 5 get 1 free" deal - any service they wanted (pedi's, fills, SOG) and they had to use all 6 within 6 months or the freebie expired. I think about 5 clients took me up on it, then I pulled the offer. It was great for me because it brought in just over $1000 to fund some furniture purchases, and they loved getting a deal.
I have cear & pink sog gel. I was thinking it was hard gel to build with. My bad. I hate waisting product and want to use it. I have almost all the ecocolored sog gels and love them. Along with a couple of other brands. (Not full lines). Money is very tight for me and my clients love the sog. And I need to replace a few of the more popular colors and would like to get a few new ones. I do layer what I have and have fun doing it.

Thanks for all your input. I do value it.