BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: 2 NEW tutorials posted on my Facebook, check it out :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

I just posted couple of simple but detailed tutorials on my Facebook.
I will soon add these tutorials to my website so you will be able to see better quality pictures (you can zoom in Big Grin )

Here are the links:
Soak off gel application:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=16...fc994d1436

Gel manicure using "classic gels":
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=16...f23ade9ec1

Comments are welcomed Smile

Have a great weekend all!!
I looked at the gel manicure application. Very clear pictures, beautiful work and great instructions. Guess I'll be pulling out my gels and practicing some more! Thanks, this was great!
Very nicely done. Thank you.

S
Smile Thank you Anna for doing this!
It is greatly appreciated it.
I have been a fan of yours forever..I love your work!
Yes , I love your work too . So elegant and natural nails Big Grin
Anna, your soak off gel application tutorial saved my butt! I saw it on your FB before I saw this thread. Thanks soooo much!

Gorgeous - thanks!!! Big Grin
Anna, I don't even do gels and I learned a ton. You are fabulous! Thx for sharing!!
Thank you so much guys! I'm glad I could help!
I think often "going back to the basics" is very important.

What other tutorials would you like to see?

I was thinking about doing a tutorial on very simple sculpting (without french/less room for mistakes) next. I do that often in a salon for people with short nail beds.
Also that application saves time so I can do natural looking extensions in the same time I would do a rebalance. Easier for booking as well.
Thanks for sharing Anna!!! I love your workSmile
thanks for posting these...makes me want to pick up my gel polishes again.
any kind of nail art.......thanks!

Sue
Thanks Anna Well done. The buffer block you used to prep the nail plate on the soak off What grit would you say that is. I'm not accustom to using blocks.
LABBY :
> Thanks Anna Well done. The buffer block you used to prep the nail plate on
> the soak off What grit would you say that is. I'm not accustom to using blocks.
>

Hi Labby!

The block I use is about 240 grit. I find the white blocks to be little too coarse for this purpose (but then, it depends on the brand)

OK so now Let me ask. Do most of those who use Soak off gel find that the adhesion to the natural nail is different as compared to classic gels and their surface? I would swear by a 150- 180 grit (with a soft touch that is ) for a proper surface for classic gels. but if one can get away with a softer grit this would be even better.
LABBY :
> OK so now Let me ask. Do most of those who use Soak off gel find that the adhesion
> to the natural nail is different as compared to classic gels and their surface?
> I would swear by a 150- 180 grit (with a soft touch that is ) for a proper
> surface for classic gels. but if one can get away with a softer grit this would
> be even better.

I use 180 for classic gels (medium sanding band) and 240 for soak off.
The adhesion of the soak off gel (IMHO) is little different then classic.
Classic gels are designed to stick and stick permanently (like permanent color).
Soak off (soft) gels break down quicker over time, but the initial bond is very good, just not very lasting (they should be soaked off every appointment).

I also use classic gels 99% of the time for hands and I use soft gels on toes mostly.
Love ur post the gel french is what I'm going to practice off of till mine look like yours. They look awesome. I'm just starting out with hard gels so I think this tutorial will be my start.

Thanks again