BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: shellac question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shellac product, I am having a problem with the white for french ,when I apply and it comes out of the light ,It has some little smudgee looking places right on the end,I dont know if its srinking or what.Has anyone experienced this and what do you suggest might be wrong.
You really have to shake the white and use very thin thin coats or it will wrinkle.
Here is a video on Shellac French...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/FingerNailFixer#p...uCoTwwVhSc[/url]

Holly's video shoulders help. What you are seeing is wrinkling. That means you could be applying it too thick. Do like the video shows with barely any on your brush. Should take care of the wrinkling.
idonls :
> Holly's video shoulders help. What you are seeing is wrinkling. That means
> you could be applying it too thick. Do like the video shows with barely any
> on your brush. Should take care of the wrinkling.

This ^^^
It's just hard to get used to, but it works.

That should read "should" not shoulders....darn auto correct.....lol
Thanks to all,I love when we all help each other out,it makes it feel like there is a life line out there that understands even when things dont go right.
Happy Thanksgiving
I have one other idea for you... If you think maybe you are still applying the white too thick, try using a regular gel brush. Personally I feel it gives me much more control over how much product is applied! I know several technicians who are applying their bottle brand base coats with a gel brush to make sure it is being applied as thin as it should be. I know everytime I use a bottle brand I tend to apply it took thick, like I would a traditional polish.

Great answers thank you ladies!
I just bought my first (white) french color I can't wait to try it! Big Grin

Here is the newest video I have done on french with some extra tips Wink
http://youtu.be/nPagLuahSjY
Good tips Holly but i couldnt see very well--the vid was a little dark!
Thanks for the feedback! I am working on improving my filming skills Wink