BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: bellatrixia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the list, and I've been jumping right in to conversations, left, right, and centre.

Anyhow, about me. I came to this world in 1978 like Greased Lightning. I live in South Western Ontario, Canada. I could give you my long, boring background, but instead, I'll <strike>summarize it up short 'n sweet.</strike> make that a long winded spiel. I'm sorry!!! :oops:

Before stumbling across esthetics, I've workied in food service, various office jobs, a blood bank, and the dreaded call center. In fact, I'm still in customer service at the call center to put myself through school.

Anyway, a couple of years ago, I lost a very well-paying job, and I realized I was sick and tired of making millions for international conglomerates, and figured, hey, I wanna make my own. I ended up taking a six week intensive career directions workshop to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, and what I was good at. Originally the plan was to become a registered massage therapist, but when I was accepted to the school with a $19,000 tuition fee, I balked at the price, when I realized all I really wanted to do was do relaxational massage and work in a spa setting - which I didn't need to be an RMT for. Also, I was always an avid visitor to the spa, and loved the environment, hey, why not get paid to do it. In the meantime, I got a full time job in the call center, to pay the bills. As I was working full time, after being unemployed for nine months, and had a ton of debt, I was scared to leave my job to go back to school full time. So, I decided to get my feet wet, and take a part time manicure/pedicure/waxing course at a local beauty school. I ended up loving it, and decided this it what is for me.

So here I am now, a full-time esthetics school student, 5 months away from holding a CIDESCO diploma. Services I provide are manicure, pedicure, nail enchancements, waxing, tinting, makeup artistry, skincare and body massage and treatments.

I've just recently become really interested in nail tech, I took two weeks of enhancement classes in February, and frankly, I didn't care for it much. It did not come naturally to me like everything else has, and I think I was pissed off. I've found some really great resources online (like here!) that has really turned me onto nail tech and I am striving to meet the challenge to be a kick butt nail tech. I'm not gonna let a little L&P get in the way of me being the "Super Esthetician". Ha ha.

Anyway, I'm really sorry I've babbled on about myself for as much as I did, I really didn't plan on it, it's unusually quiet at work tonight, and I'm bored. I'm quite passionate about the topic as well.

Anyway, nice meeting you all, and don't mind when I ask stupid questions!

Love,
Me