BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: wrong tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so my coworker applied tips to our boss's daughter and then applied hard gel with gel polish. She came to me for a fill and I noticed this and she says that her natural nails ate growing out and hurting - it looks like they might be digging into her fingers - the natural nail as its growing out and wider then the enhancement. . .
How can this be corrected? I was thinking about putting a form on under her nail to correctly build put the side walls? ? ?
Thoughts?
You could do that but personally I would remove the tips and start over (or remove them like doing a backfill and sculpt an extension). They are hurting her, they need to come off
I totally agree.. your co-worker might have used the wrong style of tips.. ones with a deep C curve when the bosses daughters nail beds are much flatter (or the other way around) and if the tips weren't properly sized, that could be a factor also. If you are proficient with an efile (I think you are..) then get the hard gell off, soak those tips off and start fresh
It's been 5 weeks since tips were applied. . . I am thinking that the plastic tip is almost gone .. but I don't know how short her nails were...and I don't want to cause trouble for my coworker as she usually does awesome work.