BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Clients and baby showers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im due for my baby shower around the end of next month. I have several clients that have expressed interest in being invited to my shower. Some clients have already brought me gifts some i think may be waiting. I dont expect them to bring me anything but im not sure if i want to invite them to my shower as my personal life is much more...complicated. And i have family that can be embarrassing. How do i let clients know they are welcome to gift if they choose to do so but that i wont be having clients at my shower? I dont want anyone to feel like they are obligated to buy anything either, i just have several 5+ year clients that I've become good friends with and dont want their feelings hurt.
We did to drop by baby shower for the girl that works with us. Had a little food and small can drinks and water. We had 40 people stop by it was a great shower maybe someone can do that for u

I agree with Lzy about having a drop by shower at the shop. This way your clients can come if they want or if they don't. And it's a way of keeping your personal life seperate.

Some wording you can use on the invite in reference to gifts, that I've used, is........ The gift of your presence will be greatly appreciated, no other gifts are necessary........or something like that.

HTH!!
Im working on finding a location where i dont have to be around the embarrassing members of my family. If i did a drop off shower would it be appropriate to invite the clients and how do i give them invites without looking like Im hitting them all up for gifts? this is a tricky situation i guess

CloudNineNails :
> Im working on finding a location where i dont have to be around the embarrassing
> members of my family. If i did a drop off shower would it be appropriate to
> invite the clients and how do i give them invites without looking like Im hitting
> them all up for gifts? this is a tricky situation i guess

Repeated - Some wording you can use on the invite in reference to gifts, that I've used, is........ The gift of your presence will be greatly appreciated, no other gifts are necessary........or something like that.

I would just let them know they are invited, not obligated, to join in your celebration of a new life.
If u can get someone else to help we mailed out and also texted your clients and asked them to come and enjoy refreshments and words of encouragement . We didn't say anything about gifts .people knew that's what a shower is for ...believe me your good clients want to bring a small gift.just don't say anything about gifts ..