BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: sickness and rescheduling clients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I need some input on something that's been bothering me for years. We work very hard to build up a full clientele in this business. When I say full clientele, I'm talking about working 10 to 12 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week. What does everyone else do with their clients when they are sick and unable to work? If I move them to another week, that week is already full. Your input is greatly appreciated! Tia
I work 4 days a week Tuesaday - Friday if I'm sick I will work on Monday ,Saturday and Sunday and work late . I now have someone who works doing hair and she will help me
I feel your pain, girlfriend! When I'm off sick, I have to either work on my normally scheduled off days, but if I can't fit them all in that way, I have to refer them to another tech in town.

That's the best we can do. But I've been doing this 28 yrs., so I'm able to put things into perspective better now. In my youth, I treated clients nail appointments like it was a life or death situation. Now that I'm older, I know that it is not. If I died tomorrow, someone else would continue their nail services, you know?

Our health has got to come first, because if you don't have your health, you've got nothing.

If a client leaves you because you got sick & couldn't do their nails, then they weren't really yours to begin with. Your faithful clients will stick with you, even if their nail schedule is interrupted every now and then by your sickness.

Thank you Jill! You're absolutely right.....I've been doing nail for about as long as you have and I'm starting to adopt that attitude as well. Not getting your nails done because your nail tech is sick is not the end of the world! Thank you for your reply :-)
Ditto what Jill said! I recently had an issue that took me away from the salon for a few weeks, but Thankfully I have a Wonderful friend that works in a salon 30 miles from mine, who came in to help out. She rearranged her scheduled appointments in her salon, so that she could work her days off & downtime in my salon with another tech that works for me. She was an absolute Life Saver, they Both were!
Of course it helps to have a tech nearby that you can refer to, but if that is not possible, you just do the best that you can to take the time you need and it will all work out just fine. You Have to take care of You, because no one else can. Smile
Thank you Darcy......I agree! We have to take care of ourselves or we have nothing to offer others.