BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Unusual Tools - Input to Story in National Publication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

This is my first time posting. I hope it's appropriate to start a new thread for this.

I'm a licensed tech, blogger and professional writer and I'm working on a story for a national print publication. Typically I interview brand educators, but this time I'd like to get some input from real techs working in the trenches.

Do you use any unusual tools? Or do you use a standard tool in a way that's slightly different than for what it was intended? Responses don't have to be implements necessarily...just anything that helps you do your job as a tech.

I'd love your inputs! You can respond to this thread or private message me. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I use dental wax on a fresh orangewood stick or toothpick to pick up gems, studs, etc. Works amazingly! I also use a disposable mascara wand after buffing to lightly exfoliate the cuticle area and remove excess dust.
i use toothpicks to pick up jewels also but i only use water on the end of the pick Smile
Thanks, ladies! These are great inputs. I'd never heard the mascara wand idea before!

I've been doing a lot of research and I'm not sure I have enough "meat" for a story...but I'll take my ideas back to the editor and see if it's a go. I may reach back out to you for a quote later if that's okay.

Thanks again! Smile