BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Favorite Gel lines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I been searching the archives to find out what everyone thinks is the best regular gel system on the market. I can not find a thread that simple ask, "what is everyones favorite gel line?"
About 7/8 years ago I tried LE and 6 years ago Brisa. I never seemed to master either line and gave it up in favor of doing 100% YN acrylic. I now do Shellac and love it and find a need to offer traditional gels to some clients. I would like a system that is fairly strong, easy to work with, fast and no lifting(I've been reading about Linkage and I am planning on trying it to stop lifting with my acrylic as well!). I am not aposed to trying LE and/or brisa again if there is a concences that it is a fan favorite! Thank you in advance for any advise you can give me. Big Grin
I'm obviously biased, but you won't go wrong with Masterworks! Our Masterfill is great for filling, building and sealing with little to no heat. It's stronger than any acrylic I've tried. It has a medium to thick consistency so it won't run. I use it under all of my colored gels.

You can buy it online at http://www.masterworksbyamybecker.com

I not only use it in the salon, it's what I've been competing with as well! Big Grin

If you'd like free samples, contact us at 888-350-4435!
Right now I'm loving Entity's, the nudite color is to die for! Very easy to work with too.
vacanaillady :
> Hi!
>
> I been searching the archives to find out what everyone thinks is the best
> regular gel system on the market. I can not find a thread that simple ask,
> "what is everyones favorite gel line?"
> About 7/8 years ago I tried LE and 6 years ago Brisa. I never seemed to master
> either line and gave it up in favor of doing 100% YN acrylic. I now do Shellac
> and love it and find a need to offer traditional gels to some clients. I would
> like a system that is fairly strong, easy to work with, fast and no lifting(I've
> been reading about Linkage and I am planning on trying it to stop lifting with
> my acrylic as well!). I am not aposed to trying LE and/or brisa again if there
> is a concences that it is a fan favorite! Thank you in advance for any advise
> you can give me. Big Grin

If you'd like to try a sample of our Balance UV Gel System, feel free to contact us: http://www.nsinails.com/contact-us.html

I've heard some on here talk about Nailite's gel line. They have Monday Specials and from what I've seen the gel is usually on sale. You can call and talk to Lisa and discuss with her what you are wanting. She may even send you free samples.

http://www.nailiteinc.com
Thank you, I will inquire.

Anyone else? Favorites????
There are many gel lines out there, and they each have their own loyal users. I use Nailite gels and TEN. From Nailite, I use the stylus and sometimes extra hard. I use their gentle gel for party nails and toes. I use TEN also and it is very thin, strong and shiny. I have a few clients that just can't get passed the heat spike. I could fix it if I held their hands while they cure, but I am not going to do that. I use Linkage and it really works. For my gel polish, I use ECO. Just as a n ote, I recently had a lady go 7 weeks with her ECO polish over natural nail, and there was not a single chip in it. It had really grown in, but that was it. Wish everyones looked like that.
Brenda
Oh, both Tuff Enuff and Nailite have awesome support.
I have been using IBD Builder Clear Gel and IBD Clear Gel. I really Like it, but also like Nailite's Gel's too.
I currently use Entity Gel and it works great but in the past I used IBD and you can use the Protein Bond by Young Nails as your primer and it works even better.
My suggestion would be Light Elegance, it is not only a high quality product, but comes with top-notch support. I would also suggest that whichever gel line you choose, do what you can to take a product specific class, it Will make All the difference. Big Grin
I agree Darcy it's best to take a product specific class because they can teach you about the product and technique inside and out. They can also teach you different tips and tricks.
I love masterworks. I have used IBD in a pinch and it works fine, as long as prep is good before application. The masterworks line seems to always set up well and i have the least problems with it.
Ive been wanting to ask the same question. Only thing I had ever used was OPI's axxium, and I pretty much decided I hate it! It is too thin and has a serious heat spike.

I tried IBD and IM LOVING It!!!
Darcy :
> My suggestion would be Light Elegance, it is not only a high quality product,
> but comes with top-notch support. I would also suggest that whichever gel
> line you choose, do what you can to take a product specific class, it Will
> make All the difference. Big Grin

I love LE! It is so nice to work with! and the training is great!
All of NAILITES Gel line!!

LE gel is great too! They have amazing glitter gel!

Both companies will send you a sample if you request one. Great customer services with both too!
Love love love Akzentz. Tried bunches and nothing else like it. Only a few companies have their own chemist (LE and Akzentz are two big ones). Their gels will feel different than others that buy from a large gel manufacturer and re-label. Always good to try some different ones out Smile
How do you remove the gel polish without removing the Gel enhansements??
(10-14-2011, 07:10 PM)gelmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm obviously biased, but you won't go wrong with Masterworks! Our Masterfill is great for filling, building and sealing with little to no heat. It's stronger than any acrylic I've tried. It has a medium to thick consistency so it won't run. I use it under all of my colored gels.

You can buy it online at http://www.masterworksbyamybecker.com

I not only use it in the salon, it's what I've been competing with as well! Big Grin

If you'd like free samples, contact us at 888-350-4435!