BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Hurricane Irene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many PRAYERS and safety for our nail techs on the east coast !!!!
Thanks, I'm in SC we had rain and some wind yesterday.....and sunshine today!
A friend just outside Charlestown emailed me this morning and said the storm rolled right on past and everything was fine there. Great news. And it has been downgraded according to the Weather Channel. Seems like the northern Outer Banks may get most of the wind and rain. Hang on folks!
Im sitting around waiting for that pool I always dreamed of in my finished basement...lol I still remember hurricane Gloria...it was awful. 10 days no electricity and that only hit us for 3 hours...this is supposed to hang out for 21 hours...yikes I have my candles my batteries and the stuff for rice krispee treats... my idea of an hurricane emergency kit...lol
good luck to us! Im putting my inflatable tube on now!
Cindy
Thank you all. I worried about Ocean City, Md. I 15 miles away from there. I pray it passes. We are having rain right now and it's very windy. I pray that all the babies are safe and the people. We will see after 2am. once again thank you all for your prayers. Brandi
Everyone be safe, thinking of you all on the east coast.
I'm just North of Richmond, VA. We are getting a pounding from the wind and rain...and we have a long ways to go yet. Thankful for each minute of electricity we have. It's just a matter of time. Praying it fizzles out before getting further north into the metropolitan areas, losing some of its punch.
was thinking about you just now Deb.. hope you are safe.. Cindy, I was reminising with my son last night about Gloria Smile Mom was also out for 10 days then, I'm coming home tomorrow night late packed for bear, gennie, water, batteries.. my son packed up ,y house so I'm good.. they did say evacuate didnt they?? Bristol TN at the races is about the best place I can think of to evacuate to Smile

Be safe all...

We plan on leaving here at 7a Sun, to the VA house, close camper & house then hitting the road.. I'll make an executive dscision as we pass by Harrisburgh PA towards Allentown PA if we even try to continue at that point or stay over nite and wait till like 4a to leave for home..
Only got thunder in the valley there Deb! Have fun!
Be safe everyone, I'm praying for you.
North Carolina here. I'm in the Raleigh area. Nothing to bad other than some rain and terrible wind. Still have power. Very lucky. By the time Irene got here she was down graded to a category 1. Still it is very dangerous. One funny thing though, my dog was looking like he was toto on the wizard of oz,and I thought I was Mary Poppins. :lol: Ha Ha
Its not a pretty sight here in the NY/NJ area. First an earthquake and now this. I just hope we don't lose power. I will have nothing left to do for tonight if that happens. You guys keep my sanity when I cannot sleep.
Hope you all are doing well! Thoughts and prayers to all of you dealing with Irene!
Ive been blown away by the devastation of this storm. Our poor friends in Vermont, Maine and Jersey. We still have ridicules winds but we are pretty much untouched. I hope everyone is ok! Stay safe!
Cindy
Thinking of all of you in the path Irene and sending good thoughts and prayers of safety!
i hope everyone came out ok sorry you guys had the storm
no floods, no damage but no power = no nail customers this week! And I was prepared to spend the entire weekend baking cookies! got called into work for 24 hrs. (my full time job) instead! guess it coulda been worse.