BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: What do you do/use for manicures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Ladies!

I have always used the basic manicure supplies. I am going to work in a salon and need to bump up the way I do manicures.

What are the best products to use? How much do you charge? What does your manicure include?

Has anyone been using the OPI Manicure line? What do you think about it? I use mostly Creative products for my other stuff. Would it be bad to use the OPI Manicure line if I am using CN acrylic?

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Amber
Along with your great nail skills, the little extras will make you stand out. You can put a heating pad underneath your nail towel, use a couple heated stones in your massage or use a couple drops of essential oils.

You can offer a couple different manicures, such as an express with: file/buff, cuticle care and polish. A standard manicure with file, buff, cuticle care, hand/arm massage and polish. A spa with all of the standard including a scrub, mask or paraffin treatment. The salon's clientele where you are going to work and the prices they currently charge is going to be a determining factor for what your nail prices are. Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Naomi
Course writer for Cosmetology Campus

Check out the classes here
Hi Amber

I am not sure what you mean by basic supplies. Items which are not standard, however I would highly recommend are:

French manicure kit. Fresh, glamorous, up-to-date look.

Nail repair kit. Clients will love you for this, if you can save a breaking nail.

The best chip resistant quick drying top coat you can find. To prevent chipping and breakage.

A quick drying spray. To cut down the drying time.

When it comes to nail colour, ask the following questions: does it dry quickly? Is it chip resistant? Are the colour shades fashionable?

As long as you use professional products and equipment to get quality results; it does not matter whether you use an exclusive range of products or a combination.

Anyone can give themself a basic manicure. As a manicurist, you strive to offer an exceptional service which offers a unique and special treatment, which a person could not imitate at home. For example paraffin wax, precision tools and equipment, and therapeutic technique.

Belinda Meyer
http://www.salonprofit.net
The best manicure I have ever received was at the Trump Spa in Las Vegas. They used a German line called alessandro. What made the manicure stand out was the combination of products that they used to make an 'anti-aging' manicure.

Even the "basic product" like nail hardener had biotin plus vitamins that were specific to my nail type. They used serums for both the entire hand and nails. The best product they used on me was the 'Cream Royal' hand mask. Smelled amazing.
I found a name: Alessandro Dell'Acqua Skin Care. But no web site. just alot of places to buy it. Wish they had a website with info on it.
ambert77 :
> Hey Ladies!
>
> I have always used the basic manicure supplies. I am going to work in a salon
> and need to bump up the way I do manicures.
>
> What are the best products to use? How much do you charge? What does your
> manicure include?
>
> Has anyone been using the OPI Manicure line? What do you think about it?
> I use mostly Creative products for my other stuff. Would it be bad to use
> the OPI Manicure line if I am using CN acrylic?
>
> Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Amber

Hello Amber. I am starting beauty school in the spring and my school uses the OPI Manicure line. The school handed out a beginners package which included all our supplies. There were 3 different OPI nail colors. I'm not sure if this helps, but I thought if my school was using it then it would be a good product.
(03-13-2009, 11:01 AM)Oconnell Wrote: [ -> ]The best manicure I have ever received was at the Trump Spa in Las Vegas. They used a German line called alessandro. What made the manicure stand out was the combination of products that they used to make an 'anti-aging' manicure.

Even the "basic product" like nail hardener had biotin plus vitamins that were specific to my nail type. They used serums for both the entire hand and nails. The best product they used on me was the 'Cream Royal' hand mask. Smelled amazing.
I know this is 3 years late.. but here's a website: http://www.alessandro-international.com
(05-23-2012, 01:46 PM)Mtchllell Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2009, 11:01 AM)Oconnell Wrote: [ -> ]The best manicure I have ever received was at the Trump Spa in Las Vegas. They used a German line called alessandro. What made the manicure stand out was the combination of products that they used to make an 'anti-aging' manicure.

I know this is 3 years late.. but here's a website: http://www.alessandro-international.com

Lol. Awesome Smile