BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Need Help with clients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been a nail tech for 15 years & I guess I'm bad about letting clients do me wrong Sad but it's either change my prices or what?

Like I have some that come in with their money (cash) for a fill no matter if they have a repair! Or if they come in over 3 weeks I charge for more & they still have their money or check made out for the reg price!

I have tried putting up signs but guess the CAN'T READ!!! Sad

What should I do?

I mean why can't they just ASK once I"m done! I have NEVER went & got my hair cut & just hand my hair dresser the money I always ASK how much I owe her cause she don't even have up a price list.

Sure hope someone can HELP me! Smile

I would take what they have that once.. and let them know what the price will be next time! You have to have a strong back bone in our business!!
OMG! What nerve! That needs to end! If they hand you the check just tell them to pay after you are done so you can let them know what they owe.
I have never heard of such a thing. Are they all friends? I am very non confrontational so I understand how you feel about speaking up. On the other-hand you are losing out on money. Obviously they could care less about your living.
Take this free webinar class, Clients Behaving Badly
http://www.insuringstyle.com/hairstylist...y-clients/
I get frustrated with clients too. It helps to have places like this were we can LET IT OUT!

If it were me: I would let them know that "you've been letting them slide"... but you can't keep doing it. I would kinda smile and say that while acknowledging that they have been great long-term clients - but you're trying to make a living just like they are. I've had clients get snotty with me so I ask them "would you like to not get your paycheck written out for the right amount?" That normally shuts them up.

Good Luck.
I have had the very same problem with some of my clients. I even have clients who get a full set and just hand me the same amount of money they would have paid for a backfill or fill! Very frustrating. Nonchalantly mention a change in your prices. If you do it a few times, maybe they will get the hint.
(07-27-2014, 03:11 PM)lindac Wrote: [ -> ]I have been a nail tech for 15 years & I guess I'm bad about letting clients do me wrong Sad but it's either change my prices or what?

Like I have some that come in with their money (cash) for a fill no matter if they have a repair! Or if they come in over 3 weeks I charge for more & they still have their money or check made out for the reg price!

I have tried putting up signs but guess the CAN'T READ!!! Sad

What should I do?

I mean why can't they just ASK once I"m done! I have NEVER went & got my hair cut & just hand my hair dresser the money I always ASK how much I owe her cause she don't even have up a price list.

Sure hope someone can HELP me! Smile

Ugh! This would be so frustrating!

I'm still in school, so I'm not sure what protocol is for a seasoned tech.

I was trained to do a brief client consult prior to every service, and whether or not the client is a regular, I was told to evaluate the nails prior to the service, noting any broken nails, or if it needs to be a back-fill or a regular fill.

I then ask if they want something different, glitter tips, nail art, gel polish etc. this time around and add that to the price. I give them the price after the consult so they know what they will be paying.

I can't imagine them just handing you over a pre-made check or bringing in just enough cash!! That's tacky!

Hope you can figure out something that will work!