BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: How Toos on Rings (hope this will help) ** PICS **UP DATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just beautiful! Smile Thanks for sharing.....Smile
Oh cool...I have to try this...what a great way to create these...thanks for sharing!!
Beautiful Angela!

Cenita
Angela when you take the ring off is it hard to do? I always have such a hard time! I usually use tape. I am going to try wax paper. Is that what you use?
Thanks, Tess
ps- your nails are always an inspiration to me!
How much are you planning on selling them for? And how much wear and tear do they take?
JUST NAIL IT :
> Angela when you take the ring off is it hard to do? I always have such a hard
> time! I usually use tape. I am going to try wax paper. Is that what you use?
> Thanks, Tess
> ps- your nails are always an inspiration to me!

She uses the paperback from sculpture forms.

I had better success with my third ring today, but still struggle to make decent flowers.
Ditto on what everyone has said.

This is what BT is all about!!!!!!!!!! You make us proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know I failed so meny times doing these rings & it took me 5 different rings to get it right... You guys would laugh at my first rings... I still have them... He He He

I will take a pic of them & yes your going to laugh when you see them...
LMFAO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I made more rings...
Make this one a keeper put it in your favorites... =]

http://beautytech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23958
u never cease to amaze me! quick question... i know u use the paper from forms, but are u also applying all of the rings over top a pc. of tape? i need to know more about the tape!
Very pretty with the two color designs!

My last ring was TT French pink with glitter and embedded holographic hearts. I gave it to a high school student as a Good Grades bonus when she got a full set last week. She is so proud of her ring, she has shown all of her friends. Smile
OMG I was just thinking of this post this morning. how funny!!
I made a ring and it came out great, I dont think I made it thick enough cause my daughter wore it to school and she broke it most likely in gym
im gona have to make more.
Wow! I am amazed. Those rings are so awesome. I will be trying those tonight!! Love the second idea about drilling patterns in the rings and filling them in. Beautiful!! Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing your awesome creativity and talent.
ATWISTOFFRENCH :
> u never cease to amaze me! quick question... i know u use the paper from forms,
> but are u also applying all of the rings over top a pc. of tape? i need to
> know more about the tape!

Ya I put three pieces of tape on it to hold it down. Middle & the ends... =]
thanks, I will have to give this a try. I did it once, a long time ago, but couldnt get the daggone thing off of the bottle!
Beautiful!
Your tutorial is excellent!

Are they pretty sturdy?
I gotta' try this tomorrow!
If you sell them?
How do you figure your pricing?

I stayed last night, two hours.... I really needed to get home and do some fliers for a salon gathering but the image of your ring was totally stuck in my head...

I kept picturing putting the flowers down first and then clear around it all.
Looks cool (for a first try, if you want to practice flowers, this is a good way to do it), but the leaves and flowers are too thin.. I think thicker would have shown the depth better.
funny, it looked better before I put the gel (used IBD clear) over it .. you could look into the flowers and see inside.... so I'm sanding that off and I'll try a thinner coat...
the green from the leaves came off on my skin, so I coated the inside of the ring too... ;-) next one will be on a base ring like the directions ;-)

two of the clients who say it want one... they fell in love with the idea...

I love it, can't wait until I have more time...
Thank you again for such really great directions!
I only charge $5 for the reg. rings but the flower one $15 cause it took a little longer... the rings should only take 20 min. to make, sometimes even less... just keep practising & just have fun with it... Thats the best part... =]
Angela you are awesome!! Now if i ask REALLY nice would you please come to the HRTE in AZ? Pretty please?
CherryBombBarbi :
> Angela you are awesome!! Now if i ask REALLY nice would you please come to
> the HRTE in AZ? Pretty please?

Girl you do not even know how bad I want to come!!! I am totally screwed on this cause ever since the economy went down & clients losing there jobs I lost a lot & My husband is getting laid off in October... We are so screwed right now & with my kids going to school I can't even depend on my husband to feed them & take them to school... Actually I don't trust him to get them fed & off to school... lol
I know that’s bad of me but I sooooooooo want to come... =[
AngelaGlitterFreak :
> I only charge $5 for the reg. rings but the flower one $15 cause it took a
> little longer... the rings should only take 20 min. to make, sometimes even
> less... just keep practising & just have fun with it... Thats the best
> part... =]

I don't want to admit how long it took me....
It is a great way to practice flowers.
Angela the rings are really nice? How much do you sell them for? especially the one with the 3D flowers.
Those rings are fantastic! LOL, I told Daphne that perhaps these rings should come with matching bracelets/bangles? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Pages: 1 2