BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: How Toos on Rings (hope this will help) ** PICS **UP DATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, now when you start you need a bottle, tape, & the paper that a form is stuck to...
[Image: 100_4235.jpg]

[Image: 100_4238.jpg]
Make sure you pick the colors you want to use... I like Tammy Taylor Prizma colorz... I'm addicted to them... =]
[Image: 100_4213-1.jpg]
When you start your first color make sure you do it really thin if your going to be doing 3-D nail art on it but if your just going to do 1 color make sure you put the acrylic on thicker...

[Image: 100_4211-1.jpg]

Make sure you go all the way around the lid in a line to make it even...

[Image: 100_4212-1.jpg]

Then start laying down your flower pedals...

[Image: 100_4214-1.jpg]

[Image: 100_4215-1.jpg]

[Image: 100_4216-1.jpg]

Once you are done putting the flowers down you can put a thin coat of clear acrylic all around the ring...

[Image: 100_4217-1.jpg]

After you are done with putting the clear on & it sets up drill it down to how thick you want it...

[Image: 100_4219-1.jpg]

Make sure you look at it head-on to see if it is even all the way around...

[Image: 100_4220-1.jpg]

Then take it off the lid...

[Image: 100_4221-1.jpg]

File the edges off...

[Image: 100_4222-1.jpg]

File it & the edges smooth so it wont cut in to the finger...

[Image: 100_4223-1.jpg]

Buff it smooth...

[Image: 100_4224-1.jpg]

Clean it off...

[Image: 100_4225-1.jpg]

Place it on top of the OPI lid cause the lid will hold it right when you put it in the UV light...

[Image: 100_4226-1.jpg]

Put your gel top coat on it & make sure there are no bubbles...

[Image: 100_4227-1.jpg]

When you put it in the light make sure you keep rotating it so the gel coats it evenly, if you don't it will look lumpy...

[Image: 100_4228-1.jpg]

When your done this is what it should look like...

[Image: 100_4231-1.jpg]

Hope everyone likes the little how too... I tried my best... It's not easy doing them with out a video recorder... DVD is next on the list... =]

This is how you make the other rings that are a little easier to make...

First of all you will have to make the rings really thick for this to work...

[Image: 100_4250.jpg]

Then you take your drill bit & drill out lines or holes in the acrylic... Keep the rings on the bottle do not take them off...

[Image: 100_4251.jpg]

Once you have done that take a buffer to get all the excess acrylic off the rings... Then fill in the holes with any color acrylic you want...

[Image: 100_4252.jpg]

After you are done with that you need to drill down the ring to how thick you want it & this is when you will see your design come through...

[Image: 100_4254.jpg]

Then just file, buff & polish & you got more rings... =]

[Image: 100_4255-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_4256-1.jpg]

I like to make a lot of rings so you can put 3 to 5 rings on one bottle lid depending on how wide you make them... =]
Fantastic step by step, Angela! It's good and thorough, thank you for that! This should be put into the Gallery/Post Archive so that anyone can have it for quick reference!
WOW!!
I can't wait to get to work tomorrow! I think I have a break in the afternoon and I'm going to try to make some rings!! That is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the step-by-step!

Do you make these rings and sell them to your clients?
Thank You....I'm going to try to make some tomorrow.....
Can you tell me approximately what size ring does the bottle top make? I thought it was a bigger size, like a 9, but when it's on the OPI bottle it looks smaller.
Miss V :
> Can you tell me approximately what size ring does the bottle top make? I thought
> it was a bigger size, like a 9, but when it's on the OPI bottle it looks smaller.
>

The lid I did it on is like a 7 1/2 or 8

& I haven't sold any of my rings yet till November, that way they can buy them as Christmas gifts... =]
So cool . I cannot wait to try this tomorrow. thank you so much for sharing. Beautiful work as always !
Angela, you SO rock girl! Thank you for posting this for us. Great work as always! Big Grin
OMG,,,,,,,,,,,,OMG I have never seen anything like that,, it is 9:51 pm and im ready to go back to shop and try to make some of these,, those are amazing,, never seen anything like tht before,, now if i can just make flowers,,,,, have Never Never tired tht,,, wow,,,,,, what a beautiful thing
Thanks for the tutorial. The ring is beautiful!! I have made a few with just colored acrylic. They are a lot of work. But fun to wear.
Beautiful! I want one!
Coool !!! :lol:
Really cool! I just saw some rings someplace else and was thinking about trying it myself. Yours are just GORGEOUS!
Angela that is a great idea for Christmas gifts! That is a beautiful ring, thanks so much for sharing the steps. Big Grin
That is fabulous! The step by step is fantastic. I may have to play today. Big Grin
WOW Angela Supermauuuvelous!! I love love it!
Thank you for showing us how to do this. I had a hard time visualizing how to make a ring, but this was a huge help!
Thanks again,
CJ
Angela
You cannot see me but I am giving you a standing ovation!
You have done a beautiful job show us how you make the rings but you also showed us how to do a beautiful tutorial.
[email protected] :
> Angela
> You cannot see me but I am giving you a standing ovation!
> You have done a beautiful job show us how you make the rings but you also showed
> us how to do a beautiful tutorial.

Ha Ha Ha Thank You... You guys are great... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
fantastic post i was woundering how to do that simply amazing.
you inspire me Big Grin
Angela, your tutorials are always so easy to grasp and understand what you are putting forth. That candy swirl tutorial really showed your technique. I was just to chicken to even ever try! Big Grin
OMG! That is awesome!!

How much do you sell those for?!
beautiful just beautiful........
allison~
Angela, you awesome, love it,love it! well it was about 10:30 pm when I read your post and saw the step by step, ran to my table with my laptop and made it! I was like this is sweet! I will send you a picture of it this afternoon. My first one , it came out a little too big in size I believe its like a size 10 ..lmaoo I wear a size 6 1/2 , but just me doing it was great, your step by step made it possible..Thanks Angela

P.S. still waiting on my Ed Hardy..lol :lol:
I made two rings. I had a hard time making the thickness the same all the way around. But I'll keep trying!

Do you have a tutorial on how to make the flowers and leaves? Mine didn't turn out so well. :oops:
Pages: 1 2