BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Moving to Spring Hill Florida from NY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I will be moving from NY to Spring Hill Florida in October. Does anyone know the licensing requirements I will need to do to be able to work? I've been licensed and working since 1998 in NY.
Kinda scary move for me...its going to be tough giving up my clients and starting all over. Yikes!
Any help would be appreciated so thank you in advance!
Contact 1 of the schools...I didn't finish school so brought my transcript thinking I was going to transfer & finish, I had 345 hrs, FL requires 240. I was told I learned more than they taught & they endorsed me for my license. So contact them & see do you need to show your license or your transcript. Either way, FL takes everybody & there is no problem. You will be required to do a HIV class that is supposedly 4 hours, but it's a booklet you read (or not) and answer the questions, pay the fee online & take the test, print the certificate & mail it, your endorsement from the school & the fee to the state...boom, licensed in FL...you'll be like 30 min north of me Big Grin
(05-03-2014, 02:18 AM)cnote Wrote: [ -> ]Contact 1 of the schools...I didn't finish school so brought my transcript thinking I was going to transfer & finish, I had 345 hrs, FL requires 240. I was told I learned more than they taught & they endorsed me for my license. So contact them & see do you need to show your license or your transcript. Either way, FL takes everybody & there is no problem. You will be required to do a HIV class that is supposedly 4 hours, but it's a booklet you read (or not) and answer the questions, pay the fee online & take the test, print the certificate & mail it, your endorsement from the school & the fee to the state...boom, licensed in FL...you'll be like 30 min north of me Big Grin

(05-03-2014, 06:38 AM)jeanna C Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2014, 02:18 AM)cnote Wrote: [ -> ]Contact 1 of the schools...I didn't finish school so brought my transcript thinking I was going to transfer & finish, I had 345 hrs, FL requires 240. I was told I learned more than they taught & they endorsed me for my license. So contact them & see do you need to show your license or your transcript. Either way, FL takes everybody & there is no problem. You will be required to do a HIV class that is supposedly 4 hours, but it's a booklet you read (or not) and answer the questions, pay the fee online & take the test, print the certificate & mail it, your endorsement from the school & the fee to the state...boom, licensed in FL...you'll be like 30 min north of me Big Grin
Thanks for the info! How is business for an american tech in your area. I know there are a lot of Asian shops. I'm worried about being able to find a job and build again.Confused

Zhah001

Yes, this is a technique that i will be doing in the salon with Akzentz gel called the 30 day manicure. It lasts 3-6 weeks and it was taught to me by Jessica Hoel. You just zip off the soak off color with your efile and keep a nice thin layer of hard gel underneath.