BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Waxing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to feel pain when I Wax the "private" place. I've tried ice, lemon juice, salt and red wine and still I scream every time. Please help!
I've seen my clients try all the tricks --
Pain killers actually seem to enhance the pain. A client who's a dentist takes three IBProfen one hour before the appointment. (She said it stops the inflammation before it can happen)

She said it was what she recommended her clients to do before their appointments. Seemed to make a huge difference for her but my other clients can never quite remember to do it one hour before they came in. Waiting until table time didn't seem to help the clients all that much.

The least painful time seems to be immediately after the period stops. It will also stay cleaner longer because it's the hormones that cause the hair to grow.
I have a few clients that told me they use advil but they're pretty sure it's in their head that it works. I always suggest #1 Don't get a soft wax bikini wax. #2 find someone with a great technique. That will minimize pain. #3 It's not a process of getting tickled so you will have some discomfort. It should only be for a few minutes though so you'll have to take it like a big girl.
If pain is lasting one of those 3 things are not happening generally. I do have 2 or 3 clients that say they just feel its painful, but not excruciatingly, and that hasn't changed since their 5th or so wax.
I also like to remind people there is a difference between a 1st time wax and a 3rd or 4th time wax. Last getting waxed regularly will pretty much take care of having a painful wax. "Every 4-5 weeks is regular, if not you're giving yourself 1st time pain everytime", I tell them.
What are doing?? Why you are doing this? Private part is a sensitive part and if you do waxing there you will have many problems in future. Please don't do that and try hair remover cream and shaver.
(10-20-2015, 01:50 AM)briannekramer Wrote: [ -> ]What are doing?? Why you are doing this? Private part is a sensitive part and if you do waxing there you will have many problems in future. Please don't do that and try hair remover cream and shaver.

The skin in that area is very sensitive hair remover cream generally irritates the area for up to a week sometime. Shaving causes many in grown hairs, bacteria spread, cuts, grows back within 48 hours, and very prickly hair. Why would you suggest that? Bikini waxing is safe and does not leave long term issues. It is extremely popular because it is better than those options.